1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Lakers plan this summer? Trade for Kawhi - sign Bron/PG

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by cyberx, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Ok :D:rolleyes:

2. seeingred

seeingred Member

Thanks as always for the info. Pretty sure every team's off season plan is to sign/trade for as many of these players as possible, ha. I'd like to see Milwaukee take a run at Kawhi. Parker + Brogdon + a 1st + salary? Would love to see Kawhi and Antentokounmpo on the same team for the defense alone.

da_juice, hakeem94 and Williamson like this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i'm not an expert but espn trade machine says you're wrong.

Williamson likes this.
  4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That would be a lot of fun but if Kawhi is tired of being on a small market team I don't see him being happy with being traded to Milwaukee. Am I crazy to think it would also be fun to see him play on the Sixers?

5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

JR has been on a radar since the deadline. He's not a three point shooter/ Say goodbye to someone if he doesn't perform in the playoffs.

And, from what I have heard from Priority and the late Fegan, LBJ isn't coming West

CP3/ James and

BigMaloe, today, Vivi and 3 others like this.
  6. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Of course LBJ wants to stay in the mediocre East, so he can get into the Finals (not saying Boston or Toronto are mediocre, but playoff LeBron is greater than any of those two teams vs the West)

7. ballscientist1

ESPN trade machine is still a machine. I am human being, the scientist.

ESPN trade machine is for this season (Lakers over the cap). The speculation and assumption of the thread is to dump all salaries for Lakers in July, 2018.

ipaman likes this.
  8. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Cp3 / james and ? In Houston?
    But no lebron to the west?

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

BigMaloe and Vivi like this.
  11. cyberx

cyberx Member

Respect, Deuce !

slothy420, BigMaloe, RasaqBoi and 6 others like this.
  12. Outlier

Outlier Member

So how likely will the Spurs trade Kawhi?

13. ballscientist1

Kawhi could force a trade because he as a leverage as his contract expired in 2019

LeBron is seeking for family first (money first) and wins.

LeBron wants both.

14. cyberx

cyberx Member

The thing is this. They planned to sign him to a super max deal... SA has never given that kind of money out before. Now, with the injuries and everything else that has happened, I dont think even want to shell out that type of money! So now, you are screwed. You lose leverage,,, The guy has one year left on his deal! His value is high, but he pretty much missed the whole season. SA is screwed. People around the league are even questioning if POP is going to coach next year with what has happened. So many things going on for them this summer.

malakas, today, slothy420 and 6 others like this.
  15. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I think they are screwed as far as being forced to lose a great player, but they aren't screwed as far as being able to trade him to the highest bidder. Multiple teams will still chase him if he hits the market. Plenty of GM's won't care about the pending free agency, just like Morey didn't, or Presti this year, etc.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's true but only in a scenario where Kawhi has no preference for a team, if he wants to be in L.A. then nobody is going to trade **** for him, especially after looking at how he's handling the situation in San Antonio right now.

This is shaping up to be a Paul George 2.0 situation if you ask me, probably even worse for the team involved, George was at least playing instead of keeping himself out of the team, Leonard is not even on the bench during the playoffs...

#136 Vivi, Apr 19, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Sure they will (on the bolded). He will play next season regardless because he won't get a full max sitting out two years in a row. If he hits the market many a team will come calling, no matter where he says he wants to be.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm very torn on this. On one hand, the Spurs getting worse, and having to go through a very real (and most likely painful) rebuild would be tasty. That team has been the epitome of blessed these last 2 decades, and it's about time something gives. On the other hand, if Kawhi gets traded to the Lakers, that could very realistically entice both Paul George AND LeBron James to go there. From a Rockets perspective, we'd not only be missing out on our two biggest FA targets, but the Lakers would suddenly become the Super Team that everybody wants to play for. Ultimately, it's in the Rockets best interest that Kawhi gets traded to the East, but I'm not sure how much someone like Boston would be willing to offer given the injury concerns.

19. today

today Contributing Member

So basically right now Kawhi is saying "give me my super max contract" and SA is saying no. Kawhi would rather get a new contract before he plays again and risks further injury.

Is Kawhi 100% healthy right now?

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

He will play, i'm just saying he'll play for the team he wants to play for (if there's a specific one of course). Paul George hit the market but teams with the best assets were not willing to trade their good assets for him because of the rumors of him wanting to sign with the Lakers, that's the only reason why Cavs, Thunder and Rockets were in the mix, they were willing to risk their mediocre assets since the competition was weak.

I just don't see the Spurs keep Kawhi if he's asking for a trade, and if that happens they better hope he's going to handle it like Irving, cause otherwise they're going to get a lot less for him.