1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Lakers plan this summer? Trade for Kawhi - sign Bron/PG

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by cyberx, Apr 2, 2018.

1. cyberx

cyberx Member

Had a real good conversation with a league insider.

Lakers are prepared to offer Ingram and some (no word exactly, I would imagine Randle, BI, Cavs pick, Hart)

Then bring in Lebron and Paul George as free agents.

@bima Thug? Can you explain if this would work? and how?

gatsby, s3ts, JumpMan and 24 others like this.
  2. marky :)

marky :) Member

The cyber sauce is back!

So when is your line of hot sauces coming to market?!?

Flavor Idea
    The Yule C with extra salt.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LeBron - George - Kawhi
    in one off season
    35 Mil + 25 Mil + 25 Mill?
    85 Mill in 3 playerS?

Rocket River

4. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Ingram + Randle for Leonard seems fair enough, Ingram is going to be a star and a mid-high 20s scorer by 2020. Leonard + George should turn the Lakers into a mid 50s win team, probably enough to beat anyone outside of us and GSW.

5. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

That won't happen unless the Lakers manage to dump Deng's contract completely, I can see it being pulled off if they are willing to part with Kuzma or Hart+Zubac+Cavs pick, the real question is how many teams have enough cap space to pull it off to start with.

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Would be a great small ball lineup assuming you add a rebounder and a shooting pg. That said, I don't think it happens. I don't see Lebron wasting his final years on a project.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  7. cyberx

cyberx Member

Bulls can take on Dengs contract I believe. Well, that is what I was told. Don't forget, Lakers have little Zubac. People around the league are starting to call him a little Marc Gasol LOL. Anyways, I wish I could get BIMA to this thread to help us out.

ghettocheeze, malakas and Crutch City like this.
  8. meh

meh Contributing Member

I think the cap issue isn't nearly as much as the fact that if the Spurs open the Kwahi bidding, the Lakers wouldn't be the team with the best offer. I can see Philly and Boston easily trump the Lakers offer and the Spurs would get the added benefit to see Kwahi in the other conference.

I would assume if the Spurs trade Kwahi they will take on Deng's salary at the price of getting more of Lakers assets. Something like Ingram + Ball + stuff. In which case they'd still have enough for PG and LeBron. Besides Ball wouldn't make sense with the Lakers anyway if you have Kwahi and LeBron dominating the posessions.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

damn.. but I just realized they all play the same position. But then again this doesn't really matter int his era I guess. PG will play shooting guard and LBJ will play 4

BallSoHarden and arabrocket like this.
  10. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Thats why trading Ingram for Leonard is so important, Ingram projects to be a 12+ win player in about two years, but by then LeBron will be 35 years old. LeBron will only leave for a team that is ready to win the moment he arrives, so trading Ingram would be like trading Wiggins for Love but with better players on both sides.

ghettocheeze and malakas like this.
  11. cyberx

cyberx Member

Listen to Swiss. Don't forget Kawhi is a FA in 19. He grew up and Cali and went to school there.

tycoonchip, ghettocheeze and malakas like this.
  12. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Ingram + Ball + Stuff for Leonard and Deng is a stroke of genius in terms of landing LeBron and PG. For all the hate and the scoring troubles, Lonzo might be the best passer since CP3 to enter the NBA, and he's a positive on defense as a rookie! I've already talked about Ingram. But I do agree about Boston being able to provide a better offer, Tatum + Rosier + Lakers 2018/Kings 2019 pick would be better than anything LA could offer.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This sounds like a great plan for the Lakers but I'm sure they will be satisfied if only 2/3s of the goal is accomplished.

The Spurs will drive a very hard bargain for Kawhi (if they trade him). They have leverage because he's stuck in San Antonio next season otherwise.

The Deng situation is huge. His contract doesn't expire until 2020. Trading him away and still having enough remaining assets to win the Kawhi auction doesn't seem likely at all. I also believe the Spurs will lean towards trading him to the Eastern Conference.

ghettocheeze and Vivi like this.
  14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Deng is such a huge negative asset there is no chance the Spurs would accept him while giving up Kawhi.

da_juice likes this.
  15. BigO

BigO Member

Leonard already sat nearly all season, if Lakers offer is decent and he demands to be there and only there, they might be forced to trade him to Lakers instead risking to lower his value or getting nothing.

malakas likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

that might be their plan but it won't happen. they'll be stuck with Ball no matter how much they try to get rid of him

ghettocheeze and ryano2009 like this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Deng seems worse than Anderson
    Does Deng contribute anything these days?

Rocket River

18. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Lakers are a garbage organization

19. cyberx

cyberx Member

I don't think they are trying to get rid of Ball. They want Ball there to set up these guys.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah maybe. I think theyll stick with him all the way through his rookie deal, atleast in a way theyre forced to depending on how things play out