1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Iggy pushing for his buyout - wants Rockets/Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Come sept 4th(Where Iggy and Crowder can be traded) they need to bite the bullet send more 1st round drafts out for iggy and crowder. I would think they could snt shump and nene to make salaries work. 25m? They thrown all there picks at okc, and if the future is now, you best better get you a way solid bench.

Your looking at 2 big time LA teams, not to mention San Fran, who could be just as good, what happens if Klay comes back near end? If you keep losing to LA teams, and Harden eventually runs off with westbrook 2-3 years max?( I could see something where they all go team up with Durant somewhere, so he could help them atleast win 1 chip) Could ask to be trade as well as westbrook. What would the rockets have to show after that in 22-2023?

Its not gonna be pretty to say the least. Think worst than suns, i say worst team ever put together lookin like astros rebuild. And they wont get 1st round draft picks to even improve, your looking at a crap team for years to come. I would go all out now!

Just got to make this happen.

2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

This wouldn’t be the worse thing win or lose. Don’t really want to resign 34 and 35 year old Harden and Westbrook and if we are as bad as you think we will be. We get to KEEP our FIRST Rounders cuz they are top 4 protected. Basically we woulda just traded CP for Westbrook straight up!!

3. psman2

psman2 Member

With the new lottery odds, even if we have one of the 3 worst record there is a 47% chance we don't get a top 4 pick. We could be terrible and still give up our pick half of the time.

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

I don't know why, but I feel like Iggy is not seriously considering the Rockets. Just using us as leverage again. Which is funny, because he's just not that good anymore and we don't really need him.

5. psman2

psman2 Member

Leverage for what? No one is handing him a big contract this time around. Memphis is the only one with leverage here, they want Iggy to take a bigger discount on a buy out or will wait for a trade that makes sense for them later on. Iggy has to decided if he wants to give up 5+ million now to choose his own team and recoup half of what he gave up or ride it out with Memphis and get a buyout after the trade deadline most likely. Iggy doesn't need Houston in any way if his goal is to sign with the Lakers, he just needs to take less money to make it happen.

6. Mathloom

Or, he can have Lakers and Rockets outbidding each other. Iggy's a businessman, every dollar counts.

7. icewill36

icewill36 Member

there is no bidding. the lakers only have the minimum to offer him period. there is no negotiation. its about how bad does he want to be there should he be bought out.

D-rock, MrSabotage and justtxyank like this.
  8. rockets13champs

Dwight got a buyout in 0.2 seconds

Iggy hasn’t gotten one yet. He won’t ever have a trade market either at this point.

dachuda86 likes this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

we still could use a player like iggy.

D-rock likes this.
  10. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I'll love Iggy here, but, only if he wants to be here.

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

delete

#251 Plowman, Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    JoeBarelyCares and xiki like this.
  12. Mathloom

In that case you're right.

13. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Yea I'm not sure how in tune w/ reality you are. The Rockets will score points. Our biggest problem is rebounding & DEFENSE. Our biggest challenges are the 2 LA teams who are loaded with elite wings & size. Having another smart, rugged defender besides PJ is a luxury given we'll need to slow down Kawhi, Paul George or Lebron. Iggy's intelligent, tough & can guard 4 positions

mike2k132, D-rock and lionaire like this.
  14. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Iggy isn’t my first choice due to his age and recent injury issues, but he is a better playoff option even at his age then anyone else we have coming off the bench. Our team is good but we are still flawed at the 3/4 in terms of size, rebounding, and just over all depth.

At this point who else is even remotely available that can be added and keep the team under the tax? A poster mentioned adding Iggy and Crowder. If something like that we’re possible and it didn’t involve 1st round picks, that may be the best the team can do to upgrade 3/4 spots.

I really wish that we could have expanded the Westbrook trade and included Jerami Grant. My all in(pipe dream)scenario would have been to add Grant then find a way to get Covington. I think something like that would have solidified our chances at getting a ring over the next couple of years.

At this point if we could get Iggy and/or Crowder, I’d feel a lot more confident heading into the season. Maybe I’m just desperate for any kind of decent upgrade to our 3/4 rotation.

D-rock likes this.
  15. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

People are still falling for whatever cyberx says??

Corrosion and Zoplicone like this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

You still mad?

17. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

What threw all their picks? Its just 2 picks top 5 protected and 2 pick swaps which will never happen cuz Rox will always have a better record than OKC. If WB and Cp3's toxic contract is just worth 2 low frps why is Iggy and Crowder worth multiple first round picks? "The future is now" is just a dumb meme said by people who dont understand the trade at all.

The trade is just a gamble, you are gambling WB will be better than Cp3 the next 4 yrs. Like all gambles we need to wait and see first if its gonna work or not before you go all in. If Harden runs off with WB in 3 yrs guess what we keep our picks as they are top lotto protected.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

OKC already lost WB and absorbed Cp3's toxic salary for essentially just 2 low frps. They aint doing the Rox more favors by giving them jeremy grant they already got owned badly enough.

BaselineFade likes this.
  20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

NO WAY! TILMAN IS USING IGGY AS LEVERAGE!

Mathloom likes this.