1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: DeAndre Jordan eyeing Rockets - will come at discount if Clint Leaves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Dec 20, 2017.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Agree with 3 way but why does Clint need to be included?

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It doesn't have to. You could do something like Anderson, Black & a 1st round pick. Clippers would have to weigh the cost/benefit of that package over nothing if DJ makes it known he is opting out. DJ putting some pressure certainly would help the situation.

Nook, Vivi and D-rock like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

If we include Capela for DJ, then I want a second minor trade for Noel. Need a 5 that is younger and quick enough to switch and guard other positions, especially on perimeter. Send Black, 2nd and rights to Gentile to Dallas for Nerlens.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Nope, but sooner or later we'll be forced to unload Ryan anyway so...

5. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Clint's inclusion would probably be more for DeAndre's preference to play full time at the C. Clint has more potential to develop into a more complete center than DeAndre but at the moment Jordan's game would easily compliment the team's direction. His FT's would be Dwight's situation all over again though..

Dallas wouldn't give up Noel, because we're in their division and they still look like they're holding out till the last minute in trying to convince him to stay UNDER the max. I recall a few articles stating his agent and Noel were pushing for a max or near max deal, which doesn't really make sense for a player who plays mainly on one side of the ball.

Would be great to see if the Rockets could unload Anderson's contract (to make room for a major signing this off season) but I can't see Jordan coming here unless the Rockets agree to send Capela/Anderson+filler. Anything can happen though!

bilaal14 and s3ts like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Mavs are not re-signing Noel. That is the worst kept secret in NBA right now. Noel is not even getting minutes anymore, he's the 3rd or 4th option to the starting 5. Cuban's target is Boogie in off season. Carlisle dislikes Nerlens game on top of that, doesn't fit in his scheme.

Nook, cerophilik and s3ts like this.
  7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

@cyberx steady shittin on the haters

Vivi, Nook, malakas and 2 others like this.
  8. today

today Contributing Member

The first thing I noticed on this play was the forearm put in Capela's chest that knocked him off-balance and allowed the defender to extend his hang-time.

9. s3ts

s3ts Member

Capela should be the one doing that. I've seen great offensive players do this quite often, why has Capela not picked up this skill?

10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We need more guys who are from HTown and rep the city like Gerald Green. It gives them an extra edge when they play because their pride is on the line.

I hope CP3 tells DJ to demand a trade. We need to get Ryno out of here while we have a chance.

CP3 and DJ can discuss salary next off-season if Lebron actually wants to come here. Next season will be the most important in this franchise history since winning the last 2 rings. Morey needs to make sure everything goes right and we are set up to form a super team that can clearly beat the Warriors.

If we fail at signing Lebron next off-season, we might as well start the rebuild. **** KD and the Warriors.

cerophilik likes this.
  11. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yup

D-rock likes this.
  12. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

He was blocked twice. And that hasn’t been the only game Capela has been block by a smaller guy. Or stripped or loose the ball inside the paint.
    Players think twice about trying to block Dj in that instance. They prefer to foul him. For Capela I seen a lot of players trying to take the ball or go for the block. Might be because Capela usually lays it up instead of dunking it.
    The first block was actually how Capela gets block a lot for going soft. He had the easy dunk instead he goes for a half ass dunk.

I seen Dj dunk farther away with way more contact. And even if u block him he will make sure to poster you the next and the next time u try.

I think the main difference between how dj and Capela dunk is that Capela goes up as high as he can to prevent being blocked and then dunk. Dj on the other hand slams, he throws it down with his whole body.

Idk. I know I’ve supported Capela but lately is the same thing over and over, it’s frustrating. Losing those easy points. He is way too soft.

#472 cerophilik, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  13. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Because we don’t want to pay him?

Much rather have DJ

14. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

You do this trade every day of the week and twice now on Sunday.

Rockets would do it.

We just will have to find a replacement 4

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Jesus...Guys Clint has far more value then Jordan does.

He's 23, he's only making 2 mill this year, and is restricted for this offseason which is huge. He's also already considered an equal or arguably better player then Jordan at this point in their careers.

Jordan is expiring with zero team control, his game is 100% based on atheltecism and he's 30 years old looking to get a big 4 year deal, he also even has a 24 million opt in option which is shitty.

All of these things make Clint as a trade piece much more valuable then Jordan. If we traded Capela and Anderson to the Clippers for Jordan, I'd want us to be the ones getting a 1st back, and maybe a role players or young player as well. A Clint for Jordan swap, makes up more then just eating Anderson contract IMO.

I don't think you guys understand their contract situations, I think y'all are overvaluing the hell out of DJ and undervaluaing the hell out of Clint. Not to mention, check a Clippers forum, they are all pissed at DJ's huge dropoff defensively this year, they say completely unfocused on defense and that's his best attribute.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

17. cyberx

cyberx Member

DeAndre Jordan is 100x closer to Lebron than Clint is, or ever will be ;)

Vivi, amaru, malakas and 13 others like this.
  18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

:eek:

whiskeyred, DonKnock and Erbnwarfare like this.
  19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Lebron will answer the door if it's DJ knocking, but not Clint.

DonKnock likes this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

And once he is inside....

[​IMG]

Vivi, malakas, BigMaloe and 4 others like this.