1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Butler still Moreys MAIN target this summer/MDAs seat getting hot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 10, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Dwight Howard and Chris Paul to Houston never happened i guess, they were just a dream :D

malakas likes this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Vivi likes this.
  3. justtxyank

Durant isn't a possibility. We have no cap room. We can't sign ANYONE outright for than the tax payer MLE.

Our only avenue to acquire a player is via trade. As Durant is a free agent, he's not a trade candidate. Even a sign and trade would be virtually unworkable as it would hardcap us and that would be extremely difficult to maneuver. On top of the logistics, the Warriors would NEVER trade Durant here under any circumstances.

Durant had an opportunity to team up with Harden and he wasn't even willing to meet with the team. It's not happening.

everyday eddie and joshuaao like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

whats the difference between butler and kd? if kd isn't a possibility, how is butler?

5. justtxyank

Butler can opt into his contract with Philly and be traded. It would no longer be a sign and trade scenario. He can do the Chris Paul scenario.

joshuaao and YOLO like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

but doesnt KD also have the same player option butler does?

basketballholic likes this.
  7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think GSW would rather he walk for free than make us better. You’re being obtuse.

justtxyank likes this.
  8. justtxyank

The difference is that, as the theory goes, Philly might be willing to move on from Butler and get pieces back to stay in contention while Butler may want to be here and his opt-in contract is low enough that we could deal for him. (around $20 million)

In Durant's case, there's no chance the Warriors would let him come here. His contract next year is $32 million which means you'd have to move Capela and Gordon for him and in the crazy land where the Warriors were willing to help us become a championship team they wouldn't want that deal.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

uhh no. im actually wondering what the difference is when both players have player options. No gm would prefer to have their elite talent walk for free. that makes no sense

basketballholic and topfive like this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

thanks. this is the kind of info i was looking for.

11. justtxyank

Yes they would. I 100% promise that GS would rather take the savings of Durant signing with NY for free then trading him here.

12. malakas

malakas Member

Also Durant wants now to have his own team. He wont leave Currys team to join Hardens.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

well im actually looking at it in the perspective that, said player is already set on leaving which in that case gm's more often than not prefer to get something in return.

im sure that's still up in the air here while theyre in the midst of their title run once again. sigh

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

haha anywhere kd goes, it'll become his team. including houston

15. justtxyank

Assume he is leaving for a moment and you are GS. He can leave, you save money and are a title contender still. Would you rather let him walk to the East for nothing or trade him to your only competition to the West so they can be better than you?

Come on.

malakas likes this.
  16. malakas

malakas Member

How can you say that when it has already proven to be wrong? The Warriors are Curry's team not Kd's right now and he has won so many title with them as the finals MVP.

justtxyank likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

i get that part. that's why i said i was operating under the perspective i posted

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

I actually think the warriors became KD's team awhile ago. They needed every bit of kd a year ago. you always have a general idea of whose team it is based on who guys play through when everyone's on the floor.

19. malakas

malakas Member

No it isn't. That's why KD's inferiority complex has flared up and he is thinking to sign elsewhere. Just look how happy and liberated the old Warriors look like now that he's injured.

Simple logic from a normal person would dictate that he should stay with the Warriors since they are winning titles, they can give him the most money and it's one of the biggest markets in the NBA.
    But the reason he is thinking to leave as has been widely reported is because he doesn't feel the Warriors are his own team, but Curry's.
    We have to think from the perspective of KD from the information we have.
    He wants to be the main man in his own team. The Rockets are Harden's team.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Pointless argument at this point but...Durant coming here (which is not happening, i agree) would also likely mean the end of Harden in terms of alfa of his team, i mean, he could still put up big numbers just like Westbrook did with Durant in OKC, but if we would win the media would be all over the narrative "Rockets won because Durant joined...", Harden would never get the credit in that scenario imo...with Butler things would be different cause for as good as Jimmy is, he just doesn't have the same status of Durant.

YOLO and malakas like this.