1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Butler still Moreys MAIN target this summer/MDAs seat getting hot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 10, 2019.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't lack for imagination, and middle age hasn't killed my offseason speculation, but there's a certain point where I just stop myself in the ESPN Trade Machine and say, "Well, yeah, you could, but how realistic is it?"

That said, I'd love Jimmy Buckets to be here. The hang-up in a trade would be, To what third team would you send Capela? The 76ers already have "The Process". And then you do have to replace Capela at center somehow.

Or, would CP3 be a steady hand for the 76ers, and can a trade be arranged (CP3's contract being Yuuuuuuge).

I could hope and pray for Anthony Davis instead but, you know, we'd have another Harvey because God would laugh so hard His tears would flood us out.

malakas, Hakeemtheking and topfive like this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Biglydick isn't an assistant coach, he's Associate Head Coach.

Not sure if that slight title bump would be enough to attract Messina.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

I hope so, because adding someone like Jimmy B. is about the only thing that can get this bad playoffs taste out of my mouth.

I should be watching my team in the WCF today, dammit.

4. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

butler would only play for us if we moved to tomball

5. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

ATL would be a good landing spot. Capela would be a great big with Collins, who can shoot a bit but is terrible defensively. And he’s be a monster in the PnR with Tray. ATL has 3 picks in this year’s draft and has already said they don’t want to use all of them. Plus, they have good role players like Prince and Baze that don’t seem to be in their LT plans.

DAL would be nice as well. Capela-Doncic PnR would be filthy. Hardaway and Lee are expendable as salary filler. But would they give up a top 5 pick for Capela? Doubt it.

SAC may be done with WCS and open to a Capela deal. Bogdanovic and/or a pick may be enticing to both teams.

All would give us trade assets in a Butler deal

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't think it would involve Capela, if Butler has no interest in staying there the Sixers are going to lose him and there's nothing they can do about that...unless, assuming he wants to come here, they can decide if they want to get Gordon (which is on paper perfect for them, big two way guard just like Butler) or get nothing. The Sixers, unless they can convince Kawhi, Durant or Middleton to sign with them, can't find a player as good as Gordon in free agency.

DM'sVP likes this.
  7. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPEEEEEEEEEEE

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I like Messina but I wonder... bring in Ty Lue who brings over Lebron on a trade discount, who brings AD.

Somebody who's an cap and trade expert, tell me, does Harden, CP3, Lebron, and AD, surrounded by 3&Ds "fit" for at least 1 year?

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Even the Horry hipcheck on Nash is partly on D'Antoni. It's the coaching staff's job to make sure no players leave the bench during an altercation, especially in Game 4 of a damn playoff series. Notice how no one from the Spurs ran over to the scorers table?

bmelo likes this.
  10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

In terms of MDA's seat

I think some of it might be decided by how these next rounds go for the warriors .

If Por beats them or takes them to 7 then how good do we really look in perspective with both LAC and POR equaling or bettering our results .

Then if GS makes it through how do they do vs the east ?

IF GS has turned it up and they sweep from here on out then MDA looks better in comparison .

But if por gives them a real fight or wins then MDA should be gone

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

No

And you don't have to be a
    Cap expert to know that one lol

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am down with it. Solves the traffic problem.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

@dwhite is down for moving the team

Whenitsover likes this.
  14. bmelo

bmelo Member

Just like Capela been owned by everybody?

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Capela has not been owned by everybody. Some of y’all are going way too far and at this point not being realistic about him.

Vivi, everyday eddie and justtxyank like this.
  16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Butler is talking about how he can get the max from any team and doesn't sound like someone that would be willing to play on a 1 year deal.

justtxyank likes this.
  17. tc0330

tc0330 Member

please god give us aaron gordon

mikol13 and sammy like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Oh please, that suspension was garbage and you know, Amare had one foot on the court before he got stopped and Diaw just wen to go check on Nash. Thats just a bunch of non sense. No player would get suspended like that today. Stern made an incompetent decision. Stop trying to scapegoat Mike.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

By far and away the single biggest impediment to any Butler scenario is this. He has to willingly give up free agency this year despite health and usage questions. He will get a full max this offseason, be it from the 76ers or another team, UNLESS he opts in and gives up money in year 1 to get traded and get the max next year.

It's very very unlikely.

20. tc0330

tc0330 Member

how on earth are we gonna get butler if hes tryna get the max lol...