1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Melo to Rockets to be finalized on Friday

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Pounder, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Breaking news HP is having a sale on F5 keys!

Boy am I glad I don't have any SOURCES !

heypartner and Bale3 like this.
  2. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

If they want Altuve I say No Way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jch1911 and Remlap like this.
  3. Starvela

Starvela Contributing Member

I will say this, you just never know who knows who…I’m currently privileged to have a great source, unfortunately they are no longer with Rockets, I had so much information I wanted to share last season, but couldn’t as they never allowed me to post anything…So had/have to respect that as I didn’t want my privilege to end or affect any friendship in any sort of way..I was honestly excited about coming here to this amazing community and share all kinds of stuff, becoming a clutchfans legend lol, but they never allowed me to post anything…I was also going to have Clutch validate me so people here in this community can trust what I would say..I can still have Clutch easily validate me, but I don’t think anybody cares about Lakers ;)

No Chance, sammy, Vivi and 4 others like this.
  4. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Can't wait to say ban this fool

5. vick

vick Member

6. Remlap

Remlap Member

Well, by tomorrow you'll either be a HERO or a ZERO on this forum

[​IMG]

Pounder and ilovehtownbb like this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I wrote this last night, but wanted to wait for Pounders morning updates....lulz...I predicted my morning update.

You went from your OP not mentioning a specific team, to (when pressed) actually placing your friend as Detroit staff, just to validate yourself?....hmmmm

Did you even ask him if you can say he works for Detroit?

You are either pretty naive and careless with protecting your sources, or your friend doesn't have a very important job at Detroit with access to info of such highly sought after EXACT TIMING, thus you think he's not at risk of exposure in the Pistons org, because he can blend in with the other water-cooler gossip clan who aren't part of the inner circle... meaning his statement is an educated guess, at best.

...the last part means this news is not worth its own thread. :cool:

I mean, on one hand you are saying this EXACT TIMING news is secret enough to keep away from Woj and Shams, etc, who must being pulling all favors to be first to get news like that, and on the other hand you are exposing the one guy who knows that is telling others...and apparently only telling you.

When is the last time we've seen Woj say anything more than "League sources." Does he actually say, "Source within the Detroit organization are saying", unless Detroit asked him to name them to clarify something to the public for them. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong and sometimes Woj has juicy insider scoops and says something more than the vague "League sources", and I've never noticed.

One thing I do know is ever since Morey has been GM, no insider here on cfnet has ever successfully said "A source who works for the Rockets" and been right on a scoop ... except possibly regarding Asik being traded, since he went public with his demand, and secrets are really hard to contain at that point. Certainly not one insider here has said "According to sources within the Rockets" wrt this Melodrama....and "sources close to the Rockets" isn't the same thing. OP said "this friend works for Detroit."

(Note: my point isn't that a "source close to the Rockets" can't be in the know about something and correct. I'm saying people here protect their sources better than the OP. "Sources close to the Rockets" is vague enough to protect the source. Source "within the org" would really narrow it down for Morey, if he wanted to find out who leaked info that he didn't want leaked....thus, putting the source at risk of being identified.)

bottomline: I think the Detroit contact is, at best, a friend who doesn't have access to inner circle news of such highly sought-after exact timing, and answered your casual segue text from Melo/Kyrie talk to Rockets questions with an educated guess. Or Pounder, you are trolling, and considering doubling down now by saying your buddy is indeed in the know at Detroit with juicy news not even Woj/Shams/Etc can get, but you know that such boasting creates the dilemma of having to admit to me you were naive and careless in exposing your source like this.​

Which is it, Pounder?
    MORNING UPDATE: omg, you doubled down and actually exposed a higher up. Nicely done. Now you put two jobs in jeopardy...your low pay grade friend, who will get the ax if the higher up is detected. Or you are trolling....wanna triple down now

You are either naive and careless ,,, or trolling. Nobody talks like this about sources....lulz

NEW PREDICTION: Pounder is going to say, either "no body reads cfnet" or "omg, I didn't realize all that hp. Do you think I lot of ppl read cfnet, and it might get back to Detroit that a staff member is leaking such valued, EXACT TIMING info. I will stop posting now to not put more undo attention on my friend working at Detroit and exposing his 'hire-up. I feel bad not. I shouldn't have posted this is such detail and shut up at the OP, like cyberx would have done."

#527 heypartner, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  8. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I vote ZERO

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

That has been confirmed by Isola, Begley and Woj.

DonKnock likes this.
  10. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

Is Brewer your source?

DonKnock likes this.
  11. justtxyank

They did. He posted this is another thread and people HERE advised him to start a thread.

34to11, HakeemOnlyFan and Joshfast like this.
  12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That's the thing though, if you happened to post some insider info ala Codman dropping dimes here and there, I would be more likely to believe you mainly because you've been around longer than a (barely) week old poster that posts a "sourced" thread with absolutely NO details in the midst of a rash of fake news that prompted Clutch to STICKY a warning for all fake thread OPs to be banned.

These types of threads don't make this forum fun, they are the ones that bog them down... just because you have the privileges to post something that you think is funny or cool doesn't mean you do it. I'd rather have a puzzle riddled thread from Doc Rocket than this type of mess from posters that have no longevity or reason to be worried about the notion of being banned.

13. justtxyank

Cyber has attributed rumors to "sources close to the Rockets" or some variation of that and even said that Morey showed him the organizations financials over lunch to show him the Chinese money. (Or something like that)

I'm also pretty sure that basketballholic has claimed insider knowledge of Morey and Dan Tony's thinking.

14. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Has absolutely nothing to do with it. If i cared about my "status" I could have spent 5 minutes creating a new account. Then I suppose I could create amazing threads like this with no information to back up my info and just say wait till Friday. So then if a trade happens between now and Friday I get to say, "see I told you so" and then if it doesn't happen I can say "well that's what I heard from my unknown source and I can't control all the moving parts" or he can just disappear.

Now maybe if this person has given any additional context/back up info throughout this riptide of a thread, I will gladly walk back my comments.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Probably @Os Trigonum

He tells everyone they deserve their own thread.

So we get all these dumb ass threads.

Can you confirm HP @heypartner ? ;)

DonKnock, red5rocket and justtxyank like this.
  16. Pounder

Pounder Member

He's fine and no one working for NBA teams is going to check clutchfans for info. Lol
    and if they do, oh boy. Either way he doesn't mind because he's pretty safe.

17. heypartner

Yes, I said "sources close to the Rockets" is vague enough. DIdn't I explain that in the spoiler? That can mean, player, agents, outside law council, doctor, etc. ... it's almost specifically not someone inside working for Morey....which would be "Sources inside the Rockets" or the way OP puts it "My friend working for Detroit as a low-level guy, and a higher-up."

18. heypartner

Uh....not true.

DonKnock and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Too much effort, man. Too much.

You guys want this to be right so bad that you're trying to make it wrong. All we can do is wait.

34to11 and dje243 like this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.