1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Solving Illegal Immigration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by thumbs, Jun 15, 2018.

1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Whereas I am not a constitutional attorney, I am not qualified to respond to your question. Of course, we had a constitutional lawyer as President, and he sure didn't did not have a clue regarding constitutional law.

I do agree, however, that we should DNA test illegal immigrant parents and alleged children. If they are actually family members, then we can transport them to their country of origin. If not, the parents go to jail as kidnappers. Now, admittedly harsh, after a relatively short time, illegal immigration will dwindle to a trickle..

Mexico is a human rights country. Let the illegal immigrants seek asylum there. At least the common language is Spanish.

2. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"I am not a constitutional attorney and am not qualified to judge the merits of your point regarding its relation to the law or legal precedent. However, the last president was a moron regarding the topic I am not qualified to judge, I assure you of that."

#282 mtbrays, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    KingCheetah and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

4. NewRoxFan

5. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

1st of all, by crossing the border is the first crime committed already, thus "illegal".
    2nd, most entry level jobs are taken now by mostly anchor babies and illegal aliens, we all know that, just walk into a mall, fast food, or any retail biz. Dont tell me because only anchor babies wanna work.

6. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

not a bad idea

Bandwagoner likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's already 2 threads about this and I don't see how it's a big deal with illegal immigrants being kicked out of the military.

8. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

amen. Some folks always conveniently flash the race card when they're in denial. Sweet Lou probably just want an open border for all the illegal aliens to invade this country.

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Pretty racist of you to assume they are illegal or anchor babies. You ****ing POS.

10. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

When you run out of plausible arguments, you fall back to race. I was listening to a Shelby Steele (oh, btw he's black) interview regarding his book "White Guilt" and the integration of blacks into American society. Again, btw, I ordered his book this morning because his logic was impressive.

I am Hispanic so I literally have skin in the game. Yet here I am protesting the overflow of illegal immigrants from all over the world via Mexico and Canada.

Steele, a potent voice for Affirmative Action and related programs, now says that the time for that is over. Blacks are integrated into society and can do what any other American can. The Left chooses to use racism to funnel the "white guilt" regarding the views and acts of generations long past. Yes, there are pockets of racism, but they are now insignificant, according to Steele. He excoriates the Left for their race baiting tactics.

I can hardly wait to read is book

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are the one who has no plausible argument. The facts say that illegal immigration is not the problem you make it to be. Mexicans are leaving this country, many voluntarily as they realize there are better opportunities back home now. But the facts are they commit less crime and add to our economy, not subtract from it.

So what's your protest because this narrative of illegal immigrants overflowing into the US is simply false.

12. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

mexicans are leaving this country? lmao.... for every mexican leaving this country 10 more will invade this country . Sounds like sweet lou's either delusional or he's an illegal alien/anchor baby himself.

Senator and mick fry like this.
  13. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

i dont think the liberals give a shiet about what you're reading :)

14. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Nor do they care about logic, reason, or stats. They care about feelings.

Anyway, the whole problem is simple. Remove the carrot. We are subsidizing people to work here and send money home.

1. Make it easier to come here legally via a points system with a background check. Lower qualified people can get guest worker visas, and qualify for a green card after paying taxes for ten years.
    2. No anchor babies, and no benefits unless you are here legally other than emergency medical care.
    3. Green card holders and visa holders get to pay the top marginal tax rate until they qualify for citizenship. Sorry, suck it up or don't come here.
    4. Strong penalties for companies caught paying illegals to work.

Without the free benefits we won't need a fence.

mick fry likes this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Actually there are about a million less Mexicans since 2009.

Educate yourself. Might open your eyes to a whole new world. But I doubt it.

16. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Source?

17. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

I disagree that mental health has no real solution. As a public school teacher and coach I can tell you that very little is done to educate our youth on mental health. It’s not just dealing with those who already have problems, it’s teaching kids at a young age how to deal with problems.

The few bad apples who join education has had a horrible effect on how administrators want teachers to deal with kids. We are moving much more towards a corporation attitude and away from being a true school system where we teach kids the subject matter needed, AND teach them how to handle life.

MUCH, much more could be done in this area in my opinion. Problem is politicians on both sides, and people on both sides, want to make it all political and it quickly turns to gun control or some other issue. It’s to the point that if an issue isn’t controversial and won’t drive votes, they just don’t have time for it...sad

I do agree with your original thought that immigration is at or near the top of issues that need to be solved, sooner rather than later. Im confident that we will get something done fairly soon....I won’t pretend to know the answer, but I do think making legal immigration a smoother process would help tremendously

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

Not the poster, but perhaps he is looking at these sources:

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/mexican-immigrants-united-states

[​IMG]
    http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/03/02/what-we-know-about-illegal-immigration-from-mexico/

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Don't worry Bill, Papa Putin will make everything right!