1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So the Astros 2017 title is tainted

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockets13champs, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I can for sure agree with that

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Yes. If you want to tell me the Astros cheated more than other teams or better/worse than anyone else, fine. I believe that. But don’t feed me this horseshit that it occurred in a vacuum in one clubhouse. That’s the picture that’s being painted and it flys in the face of logic. “The Astros stained the game.” That’s just laughable.

Houstunna, lw17, mikol13 and 7 others like this.
  3. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

source or link? I am genuinely curious

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Well I do agree with this portion of his article - "Minutes before Crane went on stage, I joked that it would have been more fun if the Astros refused to apologize, and told the assembled reporters to count the rings and go to hell. Having seen what passes for sincere contrition on Crane’s part, they would’ve been better off taking that approach. At least then I would’ve respected their honesty."

7. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...title-is-tainted.302276/page-79#post-12837897

#1947 Chilly_Pete, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    CinematicFusion likes this.
  8. sew

sew Member

This team's PR department is hilarious.

lw17 and awc713 like this.
  9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The view from outside Houston is that anger over this is only increasing. There Re calls now to suspend the team, all still active players from 2017 and to strip the 2017 title.

10. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING, they can say or do that will make the media say anything positive about us

F Them

11. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

WGAF. That’s not going to happen. I am hopeful when Manfred announces the Red Sox punishment (likely next week), it is equal to Houston’s, and then at least some of the narrative and attention will shift away from Houston. So far this is the silliest overblown **** I have ever seen in sports.

12. Handles

Handles Member

Lol. So nothing has changed. Let them cry all they want, it's their right.

There will be no suspensions or stripping of titles no matter how many fits people throw. Imagine the precedent! Would they suspend the Red Sox players and strip their title too? Mookie plays for LA now. What if another team gets outed - would they be suspended? Imagine the fight from the union! It's just not going to happen.

#1952 Handles, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    everyday eddie, mick fry and BigM like this.
  13. CinematicFusion

Going to be a fun year. We are going to be playing to packed houses on the road. Playoff crowds. We stay healthy this season and we will be battle ready come playoff time.

everyday eddie, jcee15 and Handles like this.
  14. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Lol at this line, what a pompous *******:

The target here is a baseball-consuming public that—with the exception of a few Astros partisans whose allegiance to team outweighs allegiance to facts or ethics—has not only been whipped up into a continental frothing outrage, but also knows Houston’s party line to be bogus.

Best twitter thread to come out of this - it needed to be said:

15. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I don't see that happening unless some new incriminating bombshell comes out. Not showing enough remorse is not enough to change the outcome of a completed investigation.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

It’s not happening. That’s a door they don’t want to open. Public opinion and any future national discussion has already taken away the title and MLB will rest with that.

The bright side of this, is that we actually still have it. I wear my hat all the time.

18. awc713

awc713 Member

A lot of CFers are calling to trade Reddick...he’s overpaid, true, but I like him. He has an attitude and an edge and is overtly pro-Astros. He goes out of his way to support HOU. He signed here when no one else would. I’ll always appreciate him. Had strong words today. I hope his sentiments carry through the season. Woo!!

RayRay10 and Chilly_Pete like this.
  19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The Astros got Gerrit Cole an additional 200 million dollars. At the minimum. There’s nothing for him to say and I think leaving it at, “I didn’t see anything” is as far as he needs to go.

mikol13, everyday eddie and RayRay10 like this.
  20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Not just clutchfans, the Astros have tried to trade him for 2 offseasons in a row. It’s just business and he’s strictly a bench player now. But agreed, as a dude and a teammate, I love that guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.