1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

So I might become a dad tomorrow...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RKREBORN, Jan 4, 2019.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Thinking of you three. Hope all is well.

RKREBORN likes this.
  2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Congrats @RKREBORN!!

Try to relax and enjoy the moment! Reassure your wife that everything will be alright and that you are no longer a couple but a beautiful family!

Try to take as many pictures/video of the whole experience, not just of the baby and immediate family, but also nurses/doctors/building even of the weather outside! Believe me 20yrs from now you will be thanking me.

(P.S.) Put something that’s associated with the Rockets in the crib ASAP! You can never start too early! :)

Once again CONGRATS!!

RKREBORN likes this.
  3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

sorry i'm the pappy.

peleincubus likes this.
  4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Don't do it! Reconsider........Wrap it up! Oh wait, too late.............Kids are EXPENSIVE.

5. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Operation baby complete! We just delivered. Kid was born 22inches long and 9.5 pounds! Mama is doing well!

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

CONGRATS!!! did I miss whether it's a boy or a girl?

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Outstanding! Congratulations! We went through this twice, the first time being a natural birth, no drugs. Talk about wild! She had to be induced for the second one. The kid liked it in there and didn't want to come out. At 3 weeks later than the expected delivery, we had it induced and she had an epidural. She's 5'1" tall and was a size 4 when having baby #1 in her mid-30's, 40 years old and a size 6 with baby #2. I'm no giant, but both babies were over 8.5 lbs. All I can figure is that I went crazy with the prenatal vitamins both times. Went to Whole Foods and said, "Give me the best you've got." Out came big babies. Crazy!

You're life has ended as you have known it, and you won't regret a thing. Both of ours are adults now, college graduates, and we couldn't be prouder of them. Good luck bringing up baby!

Give your lady a kiss from ClutchFans! :cool:

RKREBORN and AroundTheWorld like this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What country were you a doctor in, Jontro?

Congrats man, that's a big baby!

RKREBORN likes this.
  9. PhiSlammaJamma

Play for Memphis...

10. BamBam

[​IMG]

RKREBORN likes this.
  11. BamBam

Doubled again....:oops:

RKREBORN likes this.
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

My best advice is when the baby gets a little older. Do not let he/she sleep too long in the morning after the normal wake up time without checking on them. They just might poop in their diaper take it off and smear all over their body, walls, curtains, crib, and blankets. You then will have to give the baby 3 baths, etc. My son did this and instead of crying from hunger or thirst to let me know that he was awake, he was completely entertained by his current circumstances. And he just haaaaad to do it when I was there and not mom.

Seriously though good luck lol

p.s. peleincubus does not handle feces well at all

daywalker02 and RKREBORN like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Moms call the dads to look at the feces and dispose of it.

RKREBORN likes this.
  14. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Congrats! Some tips from a new dad as well, don’t get your baby used to sleeping with you. My lady did that mistake and now we can’t get her to sleep in her crib.. take turns getting up at night.. don’t be afraid to ask for help from family if you have some.

RKREBORN likes this.
  15. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Boy :)

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If I could give this multiple likes I would. Again congratulations to you and your wife. It’s a great thing.

RKREBORN likes this.
  17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Congrats!!!!! So happy for you all!!!!

RKREBORN likes this.
  18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Congrats @RKREBORN !!! Much love to you and your family!

RKREBORN likes this.
  19. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not going to lie, but those first few months are tough. It will still be a few months from now, but i'd recommend you get on a routine early, i.e. wake up, eat, nap, snack, bath, bed, etc at the same time every day.

RKREBORN likes this.
  20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Congrats!

It's a mindblow taking that thing home from the hospital. You start to realize that everything you do is now for the kid. It's not for you anymore. It just changes your whole way of thinking about everything. EVERYTHING.

Seems like we just had our boys a couple of years ago....and now they're 7, reading books and doing chores around the house. What the hell happened to the last 5 years? So try to enjoy every moment. It's a cliche....but it's true. Take lots of pictures and videos. You can't have too many. Then keep all your old phones.

Some advice that no one has mentioned yet....embrace the date night. Try to have one with your wife at least once a month. Get your in-laws to babysit and go be a husband and wife for a few hours instead of mom and dad. It will make you better parents, believe it or not.

Again....CONGRATS.