1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So...how's it going in Afghanistan?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Apr 22, 2017.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

lol Saudi Arabia the most democratic modern society in the world and the home of none of the 9/11 terrorists. Wahhabism is just a modern progressive movement in Islam.

Hey, I understand you are just a Saudi patriot or understandably afraid to not toe the line on a bbs in which the Saudi secret police might be able to identify you. My sympathies, sir.

2. Exiled

Exiled Member

have they ever claimed to be democratic state! whatever regime there , it was based on tribal accord ,their citizens seems fine with , why would they care of anyone else opinion!

North Korea is a republican democratic state ,Iran/Israel claim to be democratic but they need more brushes to strengthen their claims

if this issue means something significant to you ! you should avoid those urban legends and had a look by now on who did sponsor,plan,finance and still shelter al qiyada top commanders to this day (several investigations ,inquiries had reached the same conclusion )

i don't think modern progressive islamic movements means much to you , but for what matter most is the political aspects of it :
    Wahhabism forbid taken an action of Jihad without the public order/permission from the King!

ok ...so basically you've no interest to discuss Venezuela-Iran drugs connection !! .despite that thanks for being concerned of my safety, i can assure you that with dual Swiss/Canadian citizenship and lucrative profession ,I'm pretty much fine

*if Iran was any threat to Israel, or had any honest projection to help palestinians , they would be in the same route Saddam had , so far they're Batman and Robin in dragging everyone else to catastrophic fate

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The Taliban are back with vengeance, it seems. Quick, someone post another gif of Steve Bannon in Salafi Arabia - that'll teach the Taliban a lesson.

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

So our incompetent loser-in-chief is losing all of our hard fought gains. So much for MAGA.

SAD

No Worries likes this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm hoping you'll be glad to find that number is a Myth. It was 22.

http://www.uswings.com/about-us-wings/vietnam-war-facts/

Maybe that is the age of those drafted who were in the infantry?? Or one of the years??? not sure where that number came from.

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Guess that whole Afghan war thing was kind of a failure. . . .

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As disasterous as The Donald has been, this one isn't on him. This is on the fools who started a "war" with no possible realistic victory conditions.

In starting the war, they grabbed a tiger by the tail. The two options once that happened were:

a) keep holding on as blood and money drain away

or:

b) let go and watch everything revert back to the way it was

A was the easy out for politicians because it is a slow death and you can pretend that victory is always around the corner. Thankfuly someone chose B, and put a tourniquet on the hemorrhaging wound or we'd still be dying the "death by a thousand cuts" and pretending thst we were winning.

What is happening now is the ineviatable conclusion playing out that was preordained in 2001. The only qurstiom was how much capital we would piss away before realizing it.

DonnyMost and mtbrays like this.
  8. Cohete Rojo

C'mon guys, another Steve Bannon gif and we're bound to show the Taliban the error of their ways.

The US's new policy approach to Afghanistan: GTFO.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Hillary Clinton is to blame.

No Worries likes this.
  10. Cohete Rojo

Death toll now stands at 150.

Let's not sacrifice another American life on this false narrative.
    Let's not spend another penny on this false narrative.

11. Cohete Rojo

*Whistles away while everyone else continues their sarcasm*

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Great... Trump advising Generals to treat the war like a restaurant...

Trump Says U.S.‘Losing’ Afghan War in Tense Meeting With Generals
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-says-u-s-losing-afghan-war-tense-meeting-generals-n789006

13. NewRoxFan

And LOL... turns out Trump made up the whole restaurant story above. What a putz... he will lie about anything. Favorite part "I have no idea what is in his (Trump's) head."

Former CEO, owner say Trump made up story about NY restaurant renovation
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...r-say-trump-made-up-story-about-ny-restaurant

conquistador#11 likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

What could go wrong?

Trump White House weighs unprecedented plan to privatize much of the war in Afghanistan
    Trump White House weighs unprecedented plan to privatize much of the war in Afghanistan

15. Cohete Rojo

Afghanistan cannot find the needed 17,00 special forces recruits, so the US plans on ponying up a small contingency of US supplied contractors, I imagine.

Waste of money. Waste of time. Waste of energy.

I'm sure Russia would not either way if the US stayed and wasted its resources or if the US left and opened up an opportunity for them.

16. NewRoxFan

In advance of Trump's big TV special on his new Afghanistan strategy...

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Maybe allow your women to drive vehicles and go out in town by themselves like normal humans.

You can attempt to whitewash your shitty government and its ties to Islamic fundamentalism but untill you fix your women's rights issues, your society is disgusting beyond the normal tolerable parameters.

#37 fchowd0311, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  18. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Why is it so hard for Afghan government to defeat the Taliban? Don't tell me Taliban have more resources than the Afghan government.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Enemies without uniform. It's a ideological battle. A kid can pick up a rifle and call himself part of the Taliban.

20. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Why are people fighting for Taliban?