1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Sign that the squad is locked in

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chenjy9, Apr 18, 2019.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

#AlsoRans

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

When the word is used in regards to Holic, the proper spelling is: pestimistic

luckyman76 and hakeem94 like this.
  3. basketballholic

Just remember this...

The MOMENT OUR SEASON IS OVER....you will be pessimistic.........and I will be optimistic. Because I have hope for next season. And I won't be spending any more time crying, pissing, and moaning over this season. I'm getting it all out now. Yours will come later....after it's over....and you'll be upset for days, weeks maybe...months maybe... There'll be posters here who give up on the team, some of them are hammering me right now. They'll be quit and gone in a couple weeks. And most of the rest of the board will be moaning and groaning.

I'll be talking about what we can do from here. As soon as we're out...I'm focused on next season.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. basketballholic

That answer is obvious....until and unless the Jazz change up their offense.

5. basketballholic

Not quite accurate. Capela could be on a championship team. He's a decent role player. But we can't win a championship running him out there in the top 6 of our rotation against this Warriors team. The problem is .... we never acquired anybody else to replace Ariza and Luc. Harden's turnovers though, are an indicator. The usage disparity between him and Paul has widened...and that does not bode well for our future playoff success in advanced rounds.

Remember this and revisit it at the conclusion of our season if you like.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. basketballholic

If you don't understand #4...then I can't explain it to you.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Yep really helps getting a robin in this era of multi star teams

ElPigto likes this.
  8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's too bad we couldn't get Chris Paul a little younger.

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And, how pray tell is GS going to match up with us w/o Cousins? It already was a much more dubious proposition than many thought. Last year, it took CP3 getting hurt, and the most outrageous officiating / fixing I've ever seen in a post season NBA game. (including Sac/LA).
    And, we're much better this year.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We almost did. He still has that bobble head that in all honesty looked kind of creepy LOL

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

That's lazy. Maybe said another way: Please elaborate on why you think we're not good enough to win the series against either of the following: Utah, GSW, Portland/OKC, Bucks/76ers/Toronto? I know it's a combination of any of those, but it's about chances.

I understand what you're saying in that statement. It just struck me as out of the blue, especially with our winning, our focus on defense, our talent level, our star leadership, our coach's willingness to go deeper into the bench, the success we're seeing against the only defensive scheme that gave Harden trouble in the regular season employed by other teams than the Bucks. It's just that your statement warrants an explanation given that we're not in the Finals yet and only in the 1st round.

What is lacking about our team that makes you think that? The coaching is not good enough? The role players are not good enough? The star players are not good enough? Are you talking about not making it to the Finals or, that if we make it there, that we can't beat a top East team?

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Nothing has made me feel better about the rockets chances than this

13. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

And you didn't even mention the Finals MVP.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't think you deserve being called pessimistic, 'Holic. Calling you pessimistic is an understatement, in my opinion.

15. farr3l

farr3l Member

Run it back

16. bongman

bongman Member

#RunasJuan

JUAN

17. basketballholic

Unless one of them gets hurt

Steph
    Klay
    Iggy
    Draymond
    Durant

How are we going to match up with that is the real question?

18. basketballholic

I've done this repeatedly. Very plainly. If you don't get it by now, you won't.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. basketballholic

If me saying they won't win the championship this season makes their odds increase...then I'll happily keep saying they won't.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  20. basketballholic

Sticks and stones..........

Deckard likes this.