1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[sigh] Longhorn Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Baseballa, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Well, this season sucked.

But there are rumors that big changes are in order. The poster Jesus Shuttlesworth over there has pretty much nailed all of recruiting this year and obviously has high up sources. He is saying that the Board of Regents yesterday approved "major changes" on the coaching staff, and other people in the know are saying Greg Davis is definitely out at the very least.

Just wanted to start this thread in case things blow up here pretty soon.

(Non-Longhorns, please don't use this thread to gloat. We know our season was terrible, and watching you all play in a bowl is punishment enough.)

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Gag'm

I wonder if that Cowdog guy annoys Longhorns too?

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Please let this be true. Greg Davis really stinks.

4. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

It's true. I actually had a few beers with J.S. last night. Major is not getting the nod either. Look for big name/money guys...

5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Gus Malzahn from Auburn would be a great OC :)

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dana Holgorsen the frontrunner if I'm reading/understanding things correctly.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

oh hells yes.

8. franchise403

franchise403 Contributing Member

What I don't understand is why would the longhorns go after a guy who runs the spread (Holgorsen) when that is what greg davis specializes in?

I think they are going to go after someone who has successfully implemented a running offense especially with Malcolm Brown coming in.

9. the futants

To clarify: Major's best bet is to be promoted to QB coach and will hopefully be a bit more involved in play-calling (obviously depending on who gets the OC job). He's a strong recruiter and will be rewarded for his hard work. This is, of course, unless he gets a better offer he can't refuse elsewhere. (Pretty much straight from J.S. . . . )

10. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

WTF this pisses me off, i have to suffer through 4 1/2 years of greg davis and then when im about to graduate we fire him?! damn you mack brown why can't you just be heartless and do the right thing?

o well

how do yall feel about our GG? he has shown some upside, but he to me it looks like he stares down his receiver too often, allowing linemen to close off the throwing lanes, get their hands on balls and ultimately cause turnovers.

are we still getting that really good rb next season? thought i heard last year that we had like the number one running back recruit verbally committed to us.

our wr? terrible. davis is the only one who looks like he may be able to do anything, the rest are just really fast, but dont seem to be able to make any plays which is killer

our d has really slipped this season too, too many big plays on special teams too

we have so much to work on this offseason, i really hope they can turn it around and start another dynasty with GG

11. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

who is js? the only name coming to mind is jordan shipley haha

12. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Malcolm Brown the RB is still coming here.

We also have a 4 star redshirt freshman from Houston, Wood I think? Hopefully there will be a battle in training camp.

13. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

That's like saying let's not trade for Kobe since we already have a SG on our roster.

They may have similar offenses, but one executes 10x better. Holgorsen turned an offense full of 2 and 3 star recruits into one of (if not the) best in the nation. It could be incredibly fun to see what he could do with the Longhorns.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

By "suffer", you mean a national championship and a runner up?

15. the futants

Jesus Shuttlesworth

16. the futants

I don't think the word "suffer" means what you think it means. I graduated from Texas in '94.

17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Cry me a river. The entitled, whining nature of your post shows everything that is wrong with the Longhorns and their fans.

2 people like this.
  18. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

This would be a nightmare for the rest of us. I'm hoping the guy gets a head coaching gig somewhere out of conference

19. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sorry for the double post. had to show this
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_Holgorsen