1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shooting on I10

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by justtxyank, Aug 8, 2019.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

The main issue I have with houston vs austin driving is it seems you're more likely to see a slow driver in the left hand lane in Austin (that isn't passing anyone etc but I don't know if that's necessarily worse/better since you're more likely to see someone really speeding in Houston, haha). With that said when I visit Houston (Houston born originally too) but in Austin area now since ~92 I do have to drive more aggressive in Houston for sure when I visit.

On a side note, what sucks here is a major accident on mopac/35 and it's just insane gridlock, whereas in Houston while the traffic sucks regardless there's usually some other highways that can help. With that said... I'd rather drive in Austin, haha.

2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I’ve had bad experiences in Austin as well. My brother had a glass beer bottle thrown through his window when a driver thought he was cut off. It feels like the percentage of drunk drivers is higher in Austin as well, at least it seems more dangerous driving around town at night.

Uprising and donkeypunch like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

I too loved Red Dawn when I was a child. I grew out of it.

Invisible Fan, Deckard and CometsWin like this.
  4. Roscoe Arbuckle

Not about growing out of it. I seriously doubt it would ever happen. But that's typically where my 2nd amendment rights apply.

As far as owning a gun personally? Never cared enough to want one.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You have a buddy who gets a new gun every week? Like in perpetuity?

6. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

eh we probally have just as many drunk people, we just dont have hills to contend with.

7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I average about 80 miles a day in Houston and lived in Austin for 8 years. I think Houston drivers are much more aggressive. One of the things I think contributes to this is the amount of lanes Houston freeways have. So much more room for idiots to perceive they have a slight edge. Constant lane changing and opportunities to cut people off while staring at your cell phone 4 inches from your face.

CCity Zero likes this.
  8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This, haha, sums it up perfectly

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I got stuck in crappy traffic because of this on Thursday night and ended up using an on ramp to exit off of 610

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

There's high class and low class driving. When I visit my inlaws barrio it's like a game of chicken when cars are parked on the street. Nobody will stop and let you go if your lane is cleared , 2 cars go full speed and scoot in and fit in one lane. Sometimes you're inches away from side mirror to side mirror.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

This thread has gone off-topic so many more times than the average thread.

Any progress on finding the culprits at all?

tmoney1101, CCity Zero and Deckard like this.
  12. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

You visit Rice Military a lot? God I loathed living there due to this, especially on trash day.

cheke64 likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

You're not going to fight "the government" in this day and age. Get the **** over it.

And who do you think "the government" would be, out of curiosity?

14. Roscoe Arbuckle

15. Buck Turgidson

Which one do you pretend to be, pretty sure it's not the mute guy.

16. Roscoe Arbuckle

Don't pretend to be either. I know exactly one crappy magic trick.

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I'll add to the discussion. Houston Drivers all love to drive 80 when the limit is 65.
    Austin drivers for the most part, love to drive 65 when the limit is 75 or 80. (non heavy traffic times of the day).

Houston....traffic is horrendous...but it moves. Traffic in Austin, is a parking lot. 2 years up in the Austin area now....the lack of highway infrastructure / alternate routes that aren't like driving down westheimer.....is awful.

18. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Same thing in Dallas. People drive 10-15 under in perfect conditions with no traffic, and it drives me insane.

Uprising likes this.
  19. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

there are bad drivers everywhere. dumbasses are spread widely throughout the country.

20. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I had the chance to drive to Chicago in '99 and the closer I got to it all of the drivers were hauling major ass but driving very aggressively, if there was an inch of space it was taken but also safely and without getting angry. Never seen anything like that before or since...