1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shooting on I10

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by justtxyank, Aug 8, 2019.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No longer concealed brotha. Open carry but i recommend concealing anyway. Go to the range twice a month.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

3. Hardy Toll Road

4. theimpossibles1

Really sad how fear is making so many people in this thread (and Americans in general) make terrible decisions and say hurtful things.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  5. biff17

biff17 Member

Why did you feel the need to bring it up in this thread?

If you are just trying to get to safety where does the gun come in?

I have no issue with you wanting to protect your daughter I just don't understand why you brought it up in this thread it seemed you were saying this would serve as a good time to have it.

6. biff17

biff17 Member

What does my age have to do with anything?

I have kids by the way.

Once again what does defense have to do with this case?

So you think the proper way to protect a 6 month old is to get into a fire fight?

7. biff17

biff17 Member

LOL.

This guy.

8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Dude I don’t think anyone in this thread agrees with you and the answer to everything you just asked is literally in the post you quoted. This isn’t even a debate you’re just doubling and tripling down on your perceived context of my first post. I’m done with it have a good one.

#68 tmoney1101, Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    donkeypunch likes this.
  9. biff17

biff17 Member

I asked a simple question and I don't particularly care of anyone agreed with me.

I just found it odd you would choose this thread to talk about getting a gun to protect your daughter.

10. Buck Turgidson

There's also the HUGE #2 factor of actually knowing how to use a gun, and gun safety, etc....

I do not trust anyone with a gun, with very few personal exceptions, but especially not someone who has never been around them before. They scare me far worse than criminals.

Patience, davidio840 and B-Bob like this.
  11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The description is a midget hispanic. They wont find this kid unless the police get lucky.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I thought about getting a pistol and was in his same mindset when the children were killed in Newtown Conn.

I didn't find his post out of place at all. If you are protecting a child even if you are doing your best to avoid the situation you may not be able to and a gun would give you your only chance to save a defenseless child.

I am not saying you do not have that in you to protect your children with a gun but you choose not to. Just as I have by never purchasing a pistol.

I have had a rifle and shotgun since I was a teenager I just don't use them anymore because I go to school, work, and a have child so have zero time and other interests.

But yah, there is nothing wrong or out of place with his post. He is solely thinking of his daughters well being.

Rashmon, B-Bob and tmoney1101 like this.
  13. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

That’s the dumbest **** I’ve ever read.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  14. Hardy Toll Road

15. tmoney1101

Is it purple? I kinda think purple is a crazy color.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  16. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Quick question...How did you get a pistol in the mail? You need to have a FFL to receive firearms in the mail.

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Dude, you should be proud of yourself. Pride is the dumbest thing you can have when you have people depending on you. It's also not great for a good relationship. Pride is the deadliest sin for a reason.

mikol13 and rockbox like this.
  18. tmoney1101

You have it sent to a dealer in Houston and pay a transfer fee. When you pick it up they do the background check.

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Send it to your neighborhood FFL. There is one on every street corner these days. I send all my guns to a pawn shop less than 3 miles from the house. They literally call me when the UPS guy arrives, and I'm in and out in less than 15 minutes.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  20. tmoney1101

I had it sent to lone star defense and arms. It’s a 15 dollar transfer fee and it came in today but they’re closed on Mondays so ups rescheduled. They aren’t even that close just has good reviews so I went with them.

How much do pawn shops charge for the transfer? Do you have to do a background check every time?