1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaquille O'Neal says more cops is answer to school shootings

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by T-Mike, Mar 15, 2018.

1. T-Mike

T-Mike Member

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

what we need is steel

[​IMG]

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Or genies... wish the problem go away.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

B-Bob, BigMaloe, RasaqBoi and 2 others like this.
  4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

[Ron Howard]"It was the exact plot of the film 'Kindergarten Cop'"[/Ron Howard]

5. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Seems like the issue is that we have a lot of sick people who are able to access guns.
    I wonder how to fix that....

gun control....maybe?????

Ramo$e likes this.
  6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

He strangely stumbled on to a solution in his ramble, just didn't realize it.

"There's a lot of those weapons already on the streets," O'Neal said. "So it's not like, if you say, 'OK, these weapons are banned,' people are gonna go, 'Oh man, let me turn it in.' That's definitely not going to happen.

"'Cause once you ban 'em, now they're going to become a collector's item and you're going to have people underground, and they were $2,000. ... I'll give you $9,000 for that gun. So, you know, we just need to keep our eyes open."

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Edited.

Pathetic.

#7 Downtown Sniper, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  8. hakeemthagreat

Shaq is a idiot. He REALLY should stick to basketball

9. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Take away guns, and the people who want to murder people will still have access to them & the good guys won't. The last thing you should want to be is defenseless. Unfortunately, these staged school shootings will keep occurring until guns are taken away.

BigMaloe and treeman like this.
  10. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Shaq is an idiot. And @BasketballMind having a shoot out is not the answer to the laws either. There should be some
    type of control. It’s too accessible. Yes, people with guns won’t just “give them up”. But that doesn’t mean we should go ahead and give one to potentially the next mass shooter legally.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Why don't you take this crap to the D&D? It has nothing to do with basketball.

12. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

an idiot*

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Nah don't worry about more police the Rockets have all the shooters now!

15. BasketballMind

@HTown_TMac i never said that was the answer. I said this will keep occuring until guns are taken away. Meaning, this has been the answer for those in power who want guns taken away. Pay attention. Can you imagine the mass shootings when the bad guys have the guns with citizens not being able to defend themselves? Which would you prefer? A mass shooting every once in a while with citizens being able to arm themselves and save lives or mass shootings with bad guys having no fear of being stopped? Think about this for a min before you press reply.

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

More armed security at schools is a good idea. But make sure these officers actually engage a freaking shooter instead of standing down like those cowards did in Florida. Otherwise they're just window dressing.

slothy420 likes this.
  17. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I wish we could have banned the rifleman when he was with Seattle and Denver.

[​IMG]

B-Bob and macho GRANDE like this.
  18. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Where has a mass shooting happened that someone took him down that wasn’t law enforcement? Let that settle while I think about what you replied.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'll give Shaq a lot of leeway and assume his idea is like that commissioner's from The Wire where he wanted cops to be more integrated with the community and it's children rather than the high profile enforcer of the bad kids.

Probably means more cops and special training...Who has money? Who got a tax break?

20. BasketballMind

Choosing not to carry vs. not being allowed to
    Most of these mass shootings have happened with children who can't defend themselves. I'm sure some of the parents own guns, but the parents aren't there with the kids. Or it happens when theres a large group of people doing something where they would never expect someone to open fire. It always ends up being reported as "one shooter" while witnesses report multiple shooters everywhere, and end up being killed one by one for trying to raise awareness to what really happened (Las Vegas).

Every one of you who are begging for gun control can stop because eventually you're going to get what you've been asking for. They're working hard at making sure you're satisfied. Good luck wielding your knife around and I hope you've been learning your Krav Maga.