1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Shams] Rockets balance of styles and stars to mark this summer in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, May 23, 2019.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

https://theathletic.com/989763/2019...les-and-stars-to-mark-this-summer-in-houston/

biggest tidbit from this piece.

dachuda86, c1utchfan925, Bo6 and 13 others like this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If Chris doesn't like playing with harden that makes two Hall of famers that after two years just don't like playing with him here.

Just something to think about.

BasketMAD, smp, ak99999 and 2 others like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

This makes me sad.

BasketMAD, tinman and PhilCollins like this.
  4. clos4life

clos4life Member

If we had won none of this comes out. Hard to go against an all time dynasty.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I just wished Cp3 would back it with his play. Last year he did but not this one

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol why did you have to do that....

I know you said IF.... but come on. At this point all we know is it was an argument after an elimination game. Not in the realm of a dwightmare.

Regardless I bet I could guess with uncanny accuracy a collection of posters who are going to run with this idea that no one likes playing with Harden, when the reality is he was completely in the right concerning Dwight and whatever this is we don’t know enough about.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Uh, maybe. Not a narrative you want to sell, though.

But I don't care much about Dwight's opinion. Hall of Fame, sure, but the NBA had evolved since Dwight's heyday, and he was no Olajuwon to begin with....soooooooo.............

As for CP3, tough to say, but the Rockets have hitched their wagon to Harden. CP3 might or might not enjoy being in the wagon. It isn't easy when your offensive scheme is, "Dominant ball handling guards, go figure it out."

Although I do wish Harden would quit some of the dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble.........just do this sometimes. I think Morey fell too much in love with this dribble-too-much-and-attack when Harden was with OKC (because he killed his to-be-team with it).

#7 ROXTXIA, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
  8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Just finished reading this as well...

Wow. Now what? There are a lot of tough questions that need answers this offseason.

Could this be the end of the Harden/Paul combo? I’d say unlikely, but it also would not shock me if there were changes.

This is shaping up to be a very interesting stretch here for the Rockets. While I would not be opposed to wholesale changes, I think it may be a bit difficult to make it happen in one offseason.

BasketMAD, Stormy1234, smp and 2 others like this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

paywalled

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I believe this is THE offseason of the Harden era in Houston.

someone else can post the whole article but you can also access the article by using the app. The bit I posted was the most pertinent information from the article.

11. Yukyuk

Yukyuk Member

Wow, this puts some context to Harden's comments about knowing exactly what to do o_O

12. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

I can see some **** changing in the offense this next season.

bmelo and JuNx like this.
  13. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Players argue sometimes. It was a tough, emotional loss. I don’t think it’s that big of a deal.

D-rock, Remlap, Alkaholic and 24 others like this.
  14. izeroi

izeroi Member

Agreed. I'm not going to read much/if anything into it.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Didn’t read the whole article, but the tidbit posted in OP is a non-story, IMO. They just lost the biggest game of their careers. Of course they’re going to be pissed in the moment. Of course they both think they should have had the ball more.

We say this pretty much every year, given the window is pretty much closed. But it’s really not. The 2017 offseason when we had actual legitimate assets was the offseason to make it happen, and Morey pretty much did with the Paul acquisition, just didn’t work out with injuries. There is essentially no way to meaningfully improve the team this offseason, so I’m really not sure what anybody is expecting this year. At best we bring back the same group, which wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world, but I really hope nobody is expecting much.

#15 J Sizzle, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    D-rock, Relativist and lw17 like this.
  16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Harden is a ball hog.

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Interesting. Many of us did find it strange that no exit interviews were set up. I assumed because it was a painful loss and they were considering a few options. I do doubt that this exchange held up those interviews though.

dachuda86, BasketMAD, amaru and 5 others like this.
  18. Garner

Garner Member

...or it's completely unrelated...

Game7, Reeko, Deckard and 5 others like this.
  19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

GO watch the last two games and you can see something was up with Paul

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

no idea why anyone would be shocked. its never smooth sailing in a nba season and that's even if you end up winning. non story

but people like to be dramatic and feed off of it. Which then becomes bigger than what it really is in reality