1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Shams) Kawhi Leonard wants out of San Antonio

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

DeRozan deleted everything off his ig...

2. malakas

malakas Member

I don't believe the Spurs will want Derozan and his godawful contract.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Very interesting stuff Codman! Glad you are back! :)

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

If they do move Leonard I’d be cool with a Capela SnT for Aldridge. But if they’re refusing to rebuild, doubt they’d go that route.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Anti Spurs player if there is one in that range of salary, would be surprised to see the Spurs take him but well.they might very well be desperate and in panic mode so, who knows...

malakas likes this.
  6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

What makes him an anti-Spurs player?

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

The fact that he's a chucker.

8. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Hmmmmmmm

9. JayZ750

His shots per 100 possessions is pretty much in line with Kawhi.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

I haven't seen that from DD. especially in the past 2-3 years. he's actually pretty efficient. Just doesn't have that extra gear to separate himself to be a true elite player

hes certainly no melo, JS, thornton, wb, jr smith chucker

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Good, i'm not much into numbers, and not saying he's a bad player, of course he's not a J.R Smith kind of chucker, he's also a max player, and not the kind of player the Spurs usually went after. There's a reason the SPurs have always been high on fiba players and low on Lou Williams kind of players...again, Derozan is better than Lou Williams etc...still, he's that kind of player, and i don't see him as a Spurs kind of player.

malakas likes this.
  12. JayZ750

I mean, you can not be big on stats if you want, but in this case the stats just show him as a top scorer, a 25 ppg type scorer... which inevitably is a guy that takes shots... like Kawhi, or Harden, or Damian Lillard, or Anthony Davis, or Lebron, etc. They all take a VERY similar number of shots per 100 possessions.

Demar's TS% is 55.5%, which is on the low end for many of these top scorers, but not bad. Also... of course, TS% really isn't the best/only form of efficiency. Points per attempted shot would be better... remember fouls on shooting attempts aren't counted as a FG if the shot is missed.

But indeed Demar isn't taking as many FTs as a Harden, or shooting as many threes as many of the other top scorers.... though of course he doubled his 3PA per 100 possessions last year.... though still only like 40% the amount Harden takes.

In any case, to me Demar actually seems quite like a Spurs player. Strong basketball IQ. Lots of different post moves. Takes care of the ball. Can play both sides of the court, though he's clearly no Kawhi defensively. And the biggest fir for Pops might be he's an EXCELLENT tool in need of leadership.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Thanks for the numbers, no problem for me to admit he might be a better player now than he was 3 years ago, but still, he's also a guy who played in the pathetic East all these years ending up with a big time choke in the playoffs in basically every season, now i was just giving a look to his playoff numbers and ugh...that 3pt% is awful for a max SG.

And i just cannot agree with you in the end, strong iq? Nah man...shot selection is meh, not a guy who makes his teammates better either, he might be a decent defender...also, leadership? Really?

There's a reason the Raptors are pretty much the laughing stock of the East for years and Derozan's contract was never considered good.

14. lionaire

lionaire Member

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Some reports: "the only team in the East that he would like is Philly"

Some reports: "he only has interest in L.A teams"

I take the second one as good since a Phila trade hasn't happened yet, i refuse to believe the Sixers wouldn't trade Fultz if Kawhi would really be ok with going there.

16. omgTHEpotential

The Raptors aren't getting Kawhi. They're just being used to up the offers. Seems pretty obvious.

17. malakas

malakas Member

why not? What do they have to lose anyway?

18. omgTHEpotential

Vivi and malakas like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=24115033

Windhorst: I think the Raptors are in the driver's seat for Kawhi. I think the Lakers/Sixers have given up and with the Nets/Bulls/Hawks spending their cap space, it makes it harder to assemble a multi-team trade. I think the Raptors are in the driver's seat. Your offer if you're Masai?

Lowe: DeRozan, Siakam and one first. I've seen snark on twitter that the Raptors stuff is a joke. I've seen it being dismissed. If you think it's a joke, recalibrate your expectations.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Give me Kawhi even if it's one year rental. We go all out with Kawhi CP and Harden before CP breaks down because it's downhill after that.