1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sending the Warriors Negative Vibes

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Louka, Mar 7, 2018.

1. ReignSupreme

ReignSupreme Member

This thread should go viral :)

hakeem94 and mike2k132 like this.
  2. Entropy

Entropy Member

Looks like the perfect opportunity for Kerr to use this injury to fire up his team for the playoffs. "we gotta win it for mccaw." Wouldn't put it past him.

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

It's just too bad this happened to McCaw. Dude is a young guy trying to make it and this happens.

But man, Kerr and the veterans on the Warriors have really treated this season like they don't really care, like they're too good for the rest of the NBA and they're proud to only be half assing it.

4. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

5. ReignSupreme

ReignSupreme Member

If Vince wants to play next year, it should be with houston

hakeem94, noppeper and rocketman84 like this.
  6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I thought the exact same thing as you that it was a good sign to see him moving his legs and twisting his body immediately afterwards. Hoping it was more painful in the moment than an actual serious spine injury. All the stabilization and carting him off on a stretcher is just part of the protocol for any potential spine injury regardless of the severity - they will be overly cautious with that type of injury always. Wishing McCaw a full and speedy recovery....and frankly I wish the same to all of their players - would much rather beat them at full strength.

...as for Vince - I am sure he wasn't trying to hurt McCaw - gotta give him the benefit of the doubt from a 20 year career with no incidents like this. I think he was going to to try to foul McCaw and got there too late and was too slow to get out of the way which is consistent with a 40 yr old player being several steps slower than the rest of the guys in the league. The rest was just poor luck. Kerr can be upset in the moment and it seemed he calmed down and tried to comfort a distraught Carter which IS classy...but I DO think people are right to point out how karma seems to be catching up with the Warriors because they support the often reckless Zaza tactics and we aren't even talking about serial nut puncher Draymond.

ipaman, Easy, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He didn’t do this on purpose

Game7 and RocketsFan0 like this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

not watching the vid, i has teh weak tummy. can someone describe what happened without being overly graphic?

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. mockster

mockster Member

Steve Kerr better put some respect on Vince Carter’s name

ipaman and ReignSupreme like this.
  10. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

McCaw drove baseline after receiving pass, Carter rotated late and turned to foul but was too late and changed his mind, ended up being right underneath McCaw as he was in the air. Patrick then fell awkwardly direct on his back, immediately twisting in pain. Kerr very pissed off, Carter visibily crying because of the potential consequences for McCaw.

Jontro likes this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

damn breh. that sounds painful, hope he recovers quick. if this happens to zaza or blake, the world would be a better place.

12. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

People asking why Carter is still playing. Cause he is still getting paid...to the tune of $8M on a 1 year contract cause he is an insanely good basketball player. That guy will be fine. You know when you sit on the water after you mess up a 60 ft cliff dive? Probably had a bruised butt bone. Stinger like a MFer. I mean, I hope. I hope it’s nothing serious. But these people on Twitter calling for Vince’s head need to GTFOH. Not a dirty player. Still deserves to be in the league vs most in the league.

Patience, hakeem94, B-Bob and 3 others like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The actual video is not nearly as bad as the snap diagnosis. I thought it was going to be gruesome when I read the stuff in this thread and saw the reaction of the players on the court.

He fell on his back hard.

hakeem94, amaru and Jontro like this.
  14. cptdrex-

cptdrex- New Member

their bench is trash

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

On this Sunday, I give an AMEN! to that.

ipaman likes this.
  16. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

You know as much as you hate a player, you don’t want any of them to have a career ending injury, or worst; a life changing injury.

mikol13 likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    LOL at the ref giving him that look.
    [​IMG]

18. ReignSupreme

ReignSupreme Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    LOL at the ref giving him that look.
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]
    [​IMG]