1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seating at Torchy's Tacos

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by killahflip, May 25, 2017.

1. killahflip

killahflip Contributing Member

I'm thinking about getting some cheap tickets and just sit/hang out mainly in the Torchy's Tacos area. Has anyone done this and provide some pointers like how early to come to the stadium get a table/seat?

2. bob0601

bob0601 Member

You have to buy special Torchy's Party Deck tickets to sit in that area. They are going for $22 a pop currently for tonight's game

killahflip likes this.
  3. Fantasma Negro

Damn that's a great price. Any idea how much tomorrow's tix will cost?

4. PhiSlammaJamma

What happens on Taco Tuesdays?

5. killahflip

killahflip Contributing Member

Thanks!!

6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Boom.

7. texans1095

texans1095 Member

My wife and I sat out there last Sunday for the game agains the Angels. The area is fine and is a fun area for fans. BUT, if you go expecting to have an actual seat then you need to arrive right when the gates open. We arrived a little over an hour before the game started and all the seats in the Torchy's party deck were already taken by people who were already seated or who were saving up to 8 other seats for their friends who arrived 10 minutes before the first pitch. Like I said, it's a nice area with a great atmosphere and a cool view of the stadium, but if you don't get there well over an hour and a half before first pitch don't expect to have a seat and expect many obstructed views from all the people surrounding you. Basically, if you want to relax and enjoy the game by being able to really pay attention to the whole thing, then don't go to the Torchy's party deck seating. But if you're looking for more socializing and don't care too much if you miss bits and pieces of the game then you'll love it.

Pen15clubber and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  8. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

If you're the type that's gonna go to an Astros game and then miss some of it by standing in line for overpriced tacos, that you can get much cheaper outside of the park, then you are probably the type that agrees with Hinch's call to steal last night.

9. Apollo-D12

Apollo-D12 Member

Went to Saturday's game on the "party deck." What a joke. People are right when they say be there early. We got there an hour before the game started. All the "seats" were taken, and they are tiny little seats. There are seats on your ticket but this is just to keep track for fire code purposes. Also the Torchy's line was crazy long and they have maybe 1/4 of the menu. Spent most of the game trying to see over the idiots that preferred to stand next to their seat instead of sit and constantly watching like a hawk for people to leave. Bottom line; the "Party Deck" sucks if you actually want to watch the game. Get actual seats.

10. Buck Turgidson

They should give you free food from somewhere else to compensate for the hassl...err...privilege of sitting there in **** seats with **** food.

11. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Not sure about the party deck seats, but the new center field concourse is absolutely worth checking out. It's an awesome view of the park.

jsingles likes this.
  12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I still don't understand why people are willing to stand in line for half the game for pre-made tacos that have been sitting under a heat lamp for 45 minutes. And it's not even the whole menu. Plus, there's a ****ing Torchy's on every street corner now. People are dumb, man.

moligity likes this.
  13. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

why people wait in that line is one of life's great mysteries

14. hhh345

hhh345 Member

Other than the Crawford Boxes, what are the best sections to sit in Minute Maid Park?

15. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

If you sit in the Crawford Boxes 1st row, it's hard to see over the ledge.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

It seems the Astros have convinced the other teams' announcers that these are the greatest Tacos on earth too. I'm a little baffled. If you had put in a 5 star restaurant or if offered a unique taco, or a unique view that would be one thing, but this does not seem to be the case. So what is going on out there?

17. Hilver Vázquez

Hilver Vázquez New Member

Hello, guys. Im looking for some advice about getting some Astros tickets.
    Im from México, and some friends and me were are planning to go to the Twins at Astros, on july 15th.
    Where and when is the best moment to get good price tickets? Or if there´s some kind of life hack to buy cheap and seat better?
    I hope I can get some of your ballpark fan knowledge. Thanks.

18. Buck Turgidson

Do you want to have fun? Sit in the first row RCF, around where the RF normally positions himself. Heckle the hell out of him (no profanity), beat on the OF wall. Day games are best for this.

[​IMG]

MadMax likes this.
  19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Funny you have a Pirate in the picture. Among my best baseball memories was going to a game on my 18th birthday. This game: http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/HOU/HOU199205010.shtml

My friends paid for me to get in..bought me dinner...it was great. And we ragged on Andy Van Slyke the whole freaking game. After a long time of it, he turned around..faced us...smiled..held up his glove and lobbed us the bird with his throwing hand. Hilarious.

20. Buck Turgidson

Jason Lane came out to RF around the 6th inning and threw Hangout Boy a ball. 3 years later we watched Hangout Boy's dog eat said baseball.

Stros were killing them, the BS was thick from us, Craig Wilson got pissed and pretty much tried to shut us up single-handedly, he hit a bomb over the train tracks by the HR pump, we gave him a standing O when he came back out next inning.

Have you ever heard my Lefty's Pub Dante Bichette story?

MadMax likes this.