1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scary Terry wants out of Boston?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Oct 12, 2018.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I’ll give you yogi but neither one of those other guys committed to signing before changing their minds.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Marcus Smart also had difficulties renewing.

3. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

The difference is he told some kid who asked him, then left years later. With Boston you have a world class org, incredible GM, insanely talented and young roster, the best coach in the league (internal NBA vote) , and HE brought it up willingly, without being questioned about something that will happen within a year (He announced it, he wasn't answering a question), not commenting on what will happen a few years later with the worst org in sports (Browns are now run better than Cavs). Kyrie gave his reasoning, he wanted to be the man and even at that time he was the best player on the Cavs, Lebron came back and that changed things eventually. Regardless, would you tell some poor 7 year old boy that, yeah I'm leaving you when he asks? Watch the video, he seemed uncomfortable with the question. People bring this up like its the same scenario lol.

#23 BallSoHarden, Oct 14, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    BigO likes this.
  4. Asian Sensation

All I know is Scary Terry is the real deal. I love his game and heart. Hard worker, athletic, 2 way player, sick handles, plays with a chip on his shoulder and what he showed in the playoffs is just the beginning of his rise even if his numbers don’t jump up drastically with Irving back. Celtics are so stacked it’s ridiculous.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

if PHX has the money, they should pounce...I doubt they do any better than him

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

With Devin Booker maxed out, last thing the Suns should do is pay big money to another guard. It would guarantee them mediocrity (at best).

They need a dominant wing player, which Josh Jackson definitely ain't gonna be.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you mean the money people are paying teams are making and paying players???

8. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Isaiah Thomas says hi.

9. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Proves my point even more about Stevens and Ainge. IT was a product of their coach and system, he was a VETERAN bench player when he joined the Celtics and they traded him at his peak for a superstar overall #1 pick. He is now a veteran...bench player on a minimum contract. IT was greedy thinking he would get a supermax contract, and there was no market for that at all even at his peak in Boston. There wasn't a team on the planet that was going to give him that supermax. It was cool that he came back and played under tragic circumstances, but this doesn't mean Celtics now owe him $189mm because of decisions he made himself. It wasn't even his own injuries that kept him from a supermax, it was his play. He had 80% of a full season to prove himself on a contract year with two different teams (including a team with a ton of cap space that let him walk, why not blame the Cavs and Lakers while you're at it), and he didn't do it. So yes, thanks for proving two of my points on how good Stevens and Ainge are.

#29 BallSoHarden, Oct 14, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  10. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

With a whole paragraph, you still missed the point. Boston USED Isaiah. To drive up his value, they built an unsustainable system around him to be fun and competitive until they didn't need him anymore, and developed youngsters in the meantime. Don't get me wrong, it was a brilliant move by Ainge. World-class organization though? Pffft. Every player will think twice before committing to Boston.

Little Bit likes this.
  11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

How so?

Chris literally had pen to paper when Riley undercut us and gave him the max deal.

12. omgTHEpotential

39.5% from the field (career 37.7%)
    3 assists per 26 minutes (career 2.1apg)
    50% shooting in the restricted area (that's Lonzo/Rubio level bad)

These look like stats of a starting point-guard from the Chinese league. He's not even worth 10M+... Probably has BJ Armstrong as his agent.

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

This is from Bosh himself:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-chris-bosh-s102014-story.html

He never made any commitments to the Rockets and he definitely didn't have pen to paper.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  15. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I disagree. Adding Rozier gives the suns a very talented young group to build around.

Rozier
    Booker
    Warren
    Holmes/Jackson
    Ayton

That is a damn good start for the future Suns IMO. I think if you give those 6 time to develop then they might be ready to compete by the time GSW withers.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Not surprised he does not want an extension. Next summer there will be tons of teams with cap room and once a couple of the big fish are locked up, teams will be looking around at other players to spend money on.

The RFA market next summer will be MUCH different than it was this past summer where players were squeezed because of a tight market.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

like i said alot can happen. what if kyrie gets hurt again? what if terry takes an even bigger step in his breakout? plenty of scenarios where things can change. Just bc kyrie said it, it isn't set in stone especially in this era of pro sports

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

With the noises from Anthony Davis this summer, you'd wonder if Boston doesn't inquire after him with all the young assets they have (players, picks), including the subject of this thread.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/no-extension-rozier-who-feels-hes-great-situation-season

The decision by Rozier to not accept the offer worth about $12 million annually was strictly business, with no hard feelings or bitterness on Rozier’s part towards Boston or vice versa.

With restricted free agency on the horizon, Rozier’s focus now is all about basketball.

“I’m in a great situation,” Rozier, smiling, told NBC Sports Boston. “My team felt it wasn’t good for me to sign an extension right now. It opens my options a little bit, but I’m focused on what’s happening right now.”

Vivi likes this.