1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Say Hello to Better Uniforms!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 17, 2017.

?

new owner new uniforms

1. yes

247 vote(s)
    89.2%
  2. no

30 vote(s)
    10.8%
  1. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Who created the units, though? I wanna know what he smokes.

Asking for a friend.

BHannes2BHonest and Pen15clubber like this.
  2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

It's not a huge change but our jerseys are MUCH better now. Nike > Adidas.

3. onreego

onreego Member

I'm excited for a potential Tillman Rebrand but I hope he doesn't Ballmer the design...

Reeko and J.R. like this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

That Nike logo big as hell

6. onreego

onreego Member

It's cause not a lot of people know who Nike is.

Thefabman, topfive and mfastx like this.
  7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

O nice glad you like the mavs jerseys

Daddy Long Legs, onreego and Reeko like this.
  8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

So when are these great new uniforms arriving?

D-rock and J.R. like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

(G-League) Vipers new uniforms

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Better looking than the Rockets

11. hvic

hvic Member

I didnt know that the G league teams get to have jersey sponsors also

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Tilman Fertitta open to suggestions on Rockets uniforms and more

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - When the Rockets play their first home game Saturday with Tilman Fertitta in the front-row owners' seats, things will look a bit different in some corners and might sound a bit different throughout the game.

But the more significant change is up for discussion, with Fertitta wanting to hear fans' opinions about the team's uniforms.

Fertitta is not planning to change Rockets uniforms, most recently overhauled in 2003. He likes the look. But Fertitta said he was open to suggestions, knowing team uniforms are a hot-button issue sure to generate all sorts of opinions from change everything to change nothing to many ideas in between.

"It takes two years to change uniforms," Fertitta said. "You always look at what's new out there. I'm going to take feedback from the fans. If they think we ought to change uniforms, we're going to change uniforms. I think they are pretty nice as it is. I'm not going to be one of these owners that comes in and says I'm going to change uniforms because I can. If everybody loves these uniforms, we'll stick with it. If everybody has mixed emotions, we'll look at it.

"We're in the hospitality business. We're in the service business. Fans should stay involved. That's what we're here for. You can't have 4,000 different opinions. I don't think they need to be totally changed. And I believe in brand building. There's nothing wrong with a tweak."

Tweaking uniforms

As with many uniforms around the league, Rockets uniforms were altered this season with the move to Nike. The double circles around the arms were removed, replaced with a design down the side.

The most controversial change in the uniforms came in 1995 when the Rockets went from the ketchup and mustard design to the blue, silver and red uniforms with stripes and a shooting rocket logo.

That revision began shortly after the sale of the team to Leslie Alexander, before the Rockets won consecutive championships in their traditional uniforms.

Fertitta knew of the timetable to make any change, but so far considered a priority only to hear opinions, including his own that the current uniforms work. He was not ready to choose a sponsor for the uniform patch now allowed, saying only that the Rockets will be choosy in selecting the right partner and that his company will not advertise on his team's uniforms.

"That would be a wasted opportunity," Fertitta said. "We already have Landry's and Golden Nugget's support."

They also will be featured in Toyota Center in other ways. Fertitta had said some Landry's products might eventually be in the arena. The corner club near the Rockets' locker room had been rebranded as a Golden Nugget club with photos of Golden Nugget properties. Other game presentation tweaks could be in the works.

Official introduction

"They'll see some new things Saturday, some little things," Fertitta said. "I think it'll happen."

There is one change planned that is certain. Fertitta was front row center for the final preseason game, but for the first time since his $2.2 billion purchase of the Rockets, the Toyota Center crowd will be introduced to the new owner of the team.​

red5rocket, D-rock, TMac'n and 5 others like this.
  13. Caesar

Caesar Member

So how do we voice our opinion? I don't have twitter.

Tilman, my man. If you're reading this, count me in as a fan who passionately wants to return to our roots and traditions. Call it red and yellow or red and gold, but the closer it looks like something Hakeem Olajuwon would don and bamboozle today's players in, the better.

BHannes2BHonest and J.R. like this.
  14. Caesar

Caesar Member

@tinman Change the title to "Say Hello to Better Uniforms, Maybe!"

Can't believe he actually likes these uniforms. I mean, shouldn't the players alone have already voiced their displeasure?

Let's start a petition and send it to Tilman on twitter or what not

tinman and J.R. like this.
  15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Please for the love of God someone get in Tilly's ear to get our championship jerseys back.

BHannes2BHonest and J.R. like this.
  16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

we need to setup one of those online petition with signature and then send him the link

Caesar and Sean Dr34ms like this.
  17. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

the solution is simple. pull an astros, an updated look with obvious nods to the past (people LOVE nostalgia!!!) bring back the ketchup and mustard!!!

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  18. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

killahflip likes this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

Go to Landry's wearing a vintage Olajuwon jersey.

Caesar and clutch citizen like this.
  20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Tilman is the instant GOAT if he gets us new uniforms