1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Say Hello to Better Uniforms!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 17, 2017.

?

new owner new uniforms

1. yes

247 vote(s)
    89.2%
  2. no

30 vote(s)
    10.8%
  1. SuraGotMadHops

I like that the spirals have been removed from the jersey, it's a cleaner look, but why did they keep the spirals on the shorts? The shorts should have remained plain or have that new dart pattern from the jersey. Now the tops dont match the bottom.

D-rock likes this.
  2. rockets13champs

Those have to be the black tbh

Players mindset should be red and yellow

3. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

heres my guess

inspired by the athlete mindset is going to be the nike version of this (or some black alt) because the team continues to promote players in the black alts. cant see them doing that if they know there wont be one next year.

[​IMG]

inspired by the community will be the nike version of this because... well...
    [​IMG]

T FOR 3!!! likes this.
  4. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

This is a solid bet. I think someone had even said that we will have the Chinese lettering as our community. Smart business move. Lame for the local Houstonians.

5. ths balla

ths balla Member

I mentioned this about a month back in this thread, from the nike assortment book, these are essentially our other 2 uniform sets

GetThatLight and T FOR 3!!! like this.
  6. rockets13champs

I think it's Black and Clutchcity

D-rock and eric.81 like this.
  7. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

im not sure what the direction should be for the community inspired jerseys. is it community in terms of fan community or is it the city you play in?

if the league suggested to chose lunar new year or noches latina, then i get it

if this was meant to represent your teams community in some way this is kinda lame

8. ths balla

ths balla Member

I would think a mixture of both but uncertain how that jersey choice plays into any of those 2 categories...For example, Utah is getting an orange fused jersey representing the sun over the mountains, Miami is getting pink accented Miami Vice jerseys and the Spurs are getting black/gray camo to name a few.

GetThatLight likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

This is what it should be. Heck put a hoodie on the black jersey and call it a day. LOL.

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

Clutch City will definitely be the city and since Nike is sleeveless, let's hope they go back to the ones from 2011-2014 or have some great new design.
    Black should stay, they are featured in all the NBA's and our marketing + most worn last year.

11. WestendMassive

The best outcome would be Houston being one of the 8 teams that get throwback jerseys. If that happened they could make the community jerseys brown and pink and I would still be happy

12. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

In light of all these teams selling out and adding sponsor patches to their jerseys, I would like to start a petition to have NASA become the official sponsor of the Houston Rockets' jersey.

It makes too much sense considering the history, relevance, and recent renewed interest and commitment to space exploration.

The retro NASA logo would be a perfect fit.

[​IMG]

HTX Ninja, RasaqBoi, Caesar and 2 others like this.
  13. AB423

AB423 Member

anyone know when we'll be able to buy the new Nike jerseys?

14. PugLife

PugLife Member

i think the contract officially begins oct 1, but i read something somewhere that jerseys will be on sale like sep 28 or sep 30 so we're like a little over a month away either way.

AB423 likes this.
  15. rockets13champs

16. alcatrazpsycho

And what kind of additional revenue can the Rockets expect from a government agency that continually faces budget cuts?

The purpose of patches isn't to pay tribute or look cool.

If the Rockets are to marry money and sense, they'd go back to the championship ketchup and mustard jerseys and get the golden arches on that ad space...

You guys wanna talk about a Banana Boat ($$$)... BTW weren't they McDonalds high school all-americans too??

17. PatBev

PatBev Member

Travis Scott is the rockets jack nicklson and spike lee

18. rockets13champs

Just realized this but Raptors have same arrows Rockets do on side of the jerseys

alcatrazpsycho likes this.
  19. Jontro

Jontro Member

so is it time to f5 this thread now?

or is it still melo?

20. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Here's Bdot i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶j̶e̶r̶s̶e̶y̶