1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Houston State Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ima_drummer2k, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Buck Turgidson

What do I yell at the TV en lieu of Hook Em or Axe Em?

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yikes. According to Katfans, Brisco may have a separated shoulder.... He had an MRI this morning at 10, but he thinks it was separated...

Maybe if he can't go, we will run the ball more......which we should be doing anyway.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Eat Em Up

That's not good. Hopefully it's not serious.

I'm just afraid our defense is going to be our undoing no matter what. We cannot keep expecting to putting up 45-50 points as the teams get better.

4. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Defense played OK, once they adjusted to the QB running. Prior to that, they scored on a pick 6 and a muffed punt where we gave them the ball with only like 30 yards to drive. They had two legit drives, everything else they had to grind out.

JMU, though, is a high powered offense, so I think we'll need Briscoe in order to play with them. See how it goes. I wouldn't mind running more, but JMU just put up 55 in their playoff game.

5. ima_drummer2k

Whew!

6. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

That's good news. Also goods news that Griffen's been getting 50% of the first team reps all year.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Keeler won the Eddie Robinson Award winner on Wednesday as the nation's top FCS coach. Excited for tonight! Wearing my absurdly bright SHSU T-shirt today, look like a traffic cone.

8. leroy

Great to hear Briscoe is likely in. Going to have to possibly put up 50+ to win this one. JMU can score (scored 80+ twice this season).

Weather should be decent enough not to affect the game. It'll be cold (25 at gametime) but clear and very little wind.

EAT EM UP

(and go SDSU!)

9. ima_drummer2k

Put out my game day flag before leaving for work today. It was too dark to take a pic.

No idea how I'm going to get anything done today. Counting the seconds until 6:00 p.m......

DieHard Rocket likes this.
  10. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Looking forward to the game. It's pretty much been a pick 'em on the betting lines. And at least at one point the O/U for scoring was 92.5. Yowzers.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well our offense has been sad in the first three possessions.

12. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Damn James Madison is punching the hell out of Sam Houston right now.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeahhhhhhhhhh I'm kinda close to throwing in the white flag. Just getting dominated in every way.

28-0. Think I'll just watch the Rockets.

#673 Haymitch, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  14. leroy

That's not how you want to go out. I didn't get a chance to watch so I'm not sure how or why we got dominated so badly.

Oh well. Still primed to be right back here next year.

15. Newlin

Newlin Member

Good God that was a beat down.

16. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Briscoe couldn't throw, and our receivers couldn't get open anyway. their DB's were really good and they lead the Division in TO (something like plus 14 or 18). Throw in some early special teams TD's and it gets away quick. Not to mention our defense gave everyone a 10 yard cushion.

I've said it before, but Keeler just doesn't have a disciplined team. Seems like its enough to get out of the Southland and win a game or two in the playoffs, but won't take us to the promised land. I'm hoping we have at least one coaching change. At a minimum, we need a new defense.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

When 90% of your offense is passing, your o-line can't keep getting blown up when the D rushes 4.

We'd have been much better off with last year's QB even though he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

18. ima_drummer2k

When JMU converted that 3rd and 16, I switched over to the Rockets. I knew what was coming....

Our offense is a gimmick offense. OC is more interested in padding stats than winning games. Until we play more balanced football, we're never getting past the Quarterfinals.

We are pretty much the Leach-era Texas Tech of the FCS.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. leroy

Our only hope is that Keeler's stated love for the FCS level will keep him here. At some point, though, the pull is going to be too strong.