1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Sam Bradford out for season with Torn ACL

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by sugrlndkid, Aug 24, 2014.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/08/24/sam-bradford-torn-acl-2014

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rams QB Sam Bradford is out for season after MRI shows he did tear left knee ACL, per sources. Rams will announce later today. <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL">@ESPNNFL</a></p>&mdash; Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) <a href="https://twitter.com/mortreport/statuses/503627888730841088">August 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Rams should cut him.

He could play back up to rg iii when they trade Kirk cousins.

3. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Certainly there is more to it than just luck, but you can't help but feel like Bradford (and the Rams) have fallen victim to a ton of crappy luck.

I'll admit I could be wrong, but I feel like most of his injuries have been wrong place, wrong time situations more than situations where he took a dumb risk or left himself open for injury. It's really just been guys rolling up under him or things like landing on the point of his shoulder after getting sacked. Not a ton he could have done.

There was already a vocal group here in STL that was ready to move on from Bradford before this season (and he even had his fair share of detractors before last season), but now it's basically unanimous that it's time to move on from him. He's just too expensive to keep around and at this point, it's clear that his ceiling as a quarterback isn't high enough to continue to bank on him as a starter.

I don't think he's ever going to be the superstar that they drafted him to be, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him move somewhere else and have a productive career. He's got tools, but the combination of injuries and a crappy supporting cast for his entire career has conspired to keep him from being successful.