1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Hollins defends James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pandaemonaeon, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

2. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Probably the best defense played on Harden in a while

hongxingli, Nemospl and RudyTBag like this.
  3. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Max knows no more about basketball than the average fan. Will trust the basketball player over the boxing analyst(can he even box? honest question) any day of the week.

4. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Many of these chumps think just pairing AD with an aging LeBron is suffice..... This is the deadly shooter era... With much more defensive complexities.

thedreamsteam likes this.
  5. Denovo

Denovo Member

“They scream out my failures and whisper my accomplishments”

Seriously hoping for a Dirk like run within the next 3 years so Harden can finally get the respect he deserves. He has his flaws but the backlash has gotten ridiculous. He has the highest bar set for him in the league rn. Pre Miami LeBron levels.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm a James Harden hater... and they are still making this **** too complicated.

Both guys were incapable of making their points.

Max's point should have been: Harden is rated appropriately. He continually disappoints in the playoffs. His game gets worse, his FTA go down, and they have to hid him at times defensively. He refuses to move without the ball, and as great as he is, these flaws make it easier to game plan against the Rockets, which hurts their rhythm. Additionally, part of being a great player is elevating the game of the role players on your team - while at times and in ways Harden does that, his style also makes it very difficult for his role players to do anything outside of the norm, especially down the stretch deep in playoff games. I rate players ultimately on their playoff performance, and despite the lack of talent around Harden, I have to recognize the fact that Harden's playoff drop is more precipitous than many other comparable HOF star players, so judge him OVERRATED!

Hollins point should have been: James Harden and crap vs. Steph, Klay, Dray, KD, Iggy.... hmmm, wonder why he couldn't finish that off?? How about KD? How about Lebron? How about Steph before Dray got dominant? How about Kobe without Shaq or other dominant players? Nobody wins alone, and Harden hasn't not been surrounded by anywhere near the type of talent level overall as every other championship and finals team almost in history. He needs to improve in the playoffs. He needs to be more willing to adapt to playoff basketball - which means adding some plays, which means more off ball movement, and which means, MOST IMPORTANTLY, recognize that the bait into foul trick just won't work as frequently in the playoffs. But until he gets a bit more talent around him its unfair to judge his performance in the playoffs as basically a one man wrecking crew. Fairly rated.

/end

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

These shows crack me up.

Hi, I'm the female host of the show. Today's first big question is: ____________? Now I'm required to just disappear so these idiot males can blather on for a while without saying much of anything.

Deuce, JayZ750 and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  8. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

this same guy will turn around and put giannas and Davis in the top 5 tho.....

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Sooo true!!!!!!

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol Max