1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ryan Bernardoni] Kings could be setting up to take Ryan Anderson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Jul 18, 2018.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm ready for Ryno to reemerge and be the player he was 2 seasons ago. The dude can play. He just needs to get out of his own head and play.

2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

How is his contract worst than Anderson? It’s pretty much the same with 1 extra year that means nothing to us cuz we will be over be cap forever. No one in their right mind would sign Batum in free agency for 24 million, but if we already have a toxic useless contract in Anderson, why not swap it for someone who can actually play when we need him to. Batum would be able to switch onto everyone on the Warriors and be another playmaker. He’s 5x the player Anderson is and he’s at least 3x better than Bazemore.

He’s played in over 89% of all games the last 5 years. I would hardly call that injury prone.

maw7079_2000, Why not? and D-rock like this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Offense, yes.

Defense, not so much.

Still, having a confident 3-point shooting Ryno on the bench isn't the worst thing in the world -- at least until his expiring contract becomes something we can unload and maybe even GET an asset in return, as opposed to giving one up.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing is going to get him to play D

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

KiLLiN, saleem and maw7079_2000 like this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's hard to imagine that we will ever see that Ryno again here in Houston. I think Rockets killed his spirits since last year when they went hard after Melo and now that we are likely going to have Melo, he knows his role will be further diminished. It sucks but I feel like Ryno being a good player in Houston is over. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't have much hope.

7. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

While Ryno is an elite 3pt shooter, he's a horrible fit for the switching defense we implemented. To me that's the real reason, he'll never be relevant on our team anymore. He needs to find a team where he can guard a big and shoot open shots. We evolved and he really can't because of the type player he is.

MC31B, rockets1995, dawesome and 3 others like this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

I think the problem though is that he's always gonna be the same guy on defense and thats a problem. Not that I'm using this as an argument but I'm still remembering Curry splashing 3 straight 3s on him in game 7.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

luc was injured and barely even played. and ariza actually played KD very well in the middle games (4,5,6?)......against SAS/NOP/CLE he basically scored at will

saleem, Plowman and HP3 like this.
  10. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

I prefer to get zach Randolph in this trade. I always think he is good power forward and able to beat warriors Green. I hope kings can help.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or he recovers 100% like he is projected to and plays up to his contract helping Rockets win championship or becoming valuable asset to flip before the deadline.

If Bzdelik can make journeyman Mbah a Moute look like a defensive force, imagine what Batum could be when freed from being the primary facilitator and returning to role he had with Blazers, 3-D spot up shooter.

Why not? likes this.
  12. Why not?

Why not? Member

I like Batum too but I just don’t see them wanting to move him after adding Parker. I think they really like him still regardless of the contract.

seeingred likes this.
  13. jayfree

jayfree Member

Ryno is the prototypical 3 and Flee player

Bearius Jones and Jontro like this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's too risky with his injuries, and his contract is too long. in my opinion. If you want a 3-D guy, use Ennis at 1/20 the cost. He isn't as good as Batum, but if he can play 80 percent as well as Batum, then the Rockets will have avoided another huge contract around their neck.

A 24 M contract should go a healthy and versatile SF, an all star. There isn't one available right now. And neither do the Rockets have the assets to acquire one.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Batum's injuries are not career threatening so not sure why it concerns you so much. His elbow will be 100% for upcoming season.

Contract amount/length and playing out of position at SG/facilitator are both valid concerns. However, neither the elbow nor toe are chronic or career threatening.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  16. saleem

He also has had an Achilles injury, I don't know when he had it, or the extent of it. He isn't gonna be a game changer, who can push us over the edge to a NBA championship in my opinion. Another 3-D guy isn't going to get the job done. An Olympic Melo at his peak, might have been good enough, but he has always been inconsistent.

The Rockets wanted Lebron cause he would have made them so much better. GSW might have won only one game at best against that lineup. It was never to be. No one wanted RA as a trade piece.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Only 7 points difference in game 7. Batum would have provided more than that. Rockets didn't and dont need Lebron to beat GSW, let's not change the narrative.

18. saleem

I thought you might be thinking that. It would have all right in the out going season if he was healthy, but there are other threats now too.

The Lakers aren't as good as GS, but there is no doubt that they could give us a hard time. CP3 is brilliant, but Harden can't carry the load even with Batum as Ariza's and Luc's replacement, if CP3 gets hurt.

Batum's main strength has always been his length and defense. He can't slow KD down. It takes a lot of time to recover for an 82 game regular season, plus a potentially punishing playoffs. Boston isn't anything to sneeze at either.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Kings willing to do us a solid.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I'd rather be able to punch back on offense while getting punched on defense versus being slapped on defense while not fighting at all on offense at this point.

hakeem94 likes this.