1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson Looks Fantastic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That's the going rate for tall sneakishly athletic players who don't do much

Pen15clubber and amaru like this.
  2. Rockets4Life13

18m for 1 game a season is a lot. I am one of the Ryno haters - but if he continues to play like he did last night, im happy to shut my mouth.

Game7 and amaru like this.
  3. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

He did play better than usual. He was more engaged in the game, and seemed to wanna make plays that justified him staying on the court. I hope he does this more.

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Center is his best spot on this team because he is a decent rebounder and he's strong enough to hold his ground in post defense.

Plus he doesn't have to chase these tweener guys around the court.

Now do I want him guarding towns embiid or cousins? No but those guys are it throw jokic and nurcic in There as well but basically Ryno can play the five for 10+ min a night against every team but about 5.

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I liked that he took his dirk shot.

Not saying we should go to that often but it should be an option and he should be allowed to shoot it if the matchup is right.

At the end of the day he is still our 4th best offensive player and does have that dirk shot that he can get off anytime he wants.

Ozzy and Pen15clubber like this.
  6. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

No Yolo, i'm excited by the win and what he contributed. Although it's not $18.7 mln worth of contribution

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

if you're so excited by the win and what he contributed then who cares how much he makes. Bc it has nothing to do with it

8. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why? Because he is white?

9. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

It is only one game and i'm not getting my hopes up but man imagine a PF that played like that every game.....

amaru likes this.
  10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I thought he played pretty well . GS is a tough matchup for him.

Durant , for all of his punk-b****ness, is a good defender . And when you give Ryan the ball with durant right on top of you ... I'm not sure what we expected the outcome to be

He played well enough and will shred some teams with more traditional 4's who aren't as comfortable guarding out at the 3 point line .

Rox11 likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

#RoadRyan.

Look, the thing with Anderson is that aside from being more consistent shooting-wise, he needs to have more games consistently with grabbing 8 rebounds like he did in this GSW game. That stuff matters.

12. Rox11

Rox11 Member

So surprised by his defense and how he really looked like a mismatch all over the game for them. Any player that can cause gsw trouble is a keeper....capela on the other hand. We should of played Nene last night instead.

13. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Nene would have tired early, and we needed speed and offense. I would have liked to see Zhou Qi get some burn. No one gonna get close to contesting that three. Lol.

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he was one of the main reasons we won in Golden State last season

15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Anderson still can't defend faster guys but at least he tries. If he swapped contracts with EG, people probably wouldn't complain as much. He needs to play with the intensity he had last night when it came to rebounds and contesting shots. I'm just worried about him getting injured at this point.

16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I'm not saying he's not valuable vs GS;
    But last season green would have been guarding him in the 4th ... Last night durant was guarding him .

Part of his value was sucking green out of the paint. With durant (and excellent perimeter defender ) on him ... He is still good for his gravity , but it's not as amplified an effect.

17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

And the Knicks sigh

18. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I opened this thread thinking you was referring to his physical appearance.

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I was very impress with his defense on Curry. It's like the Rockets threw him out there and yelled "Surprise!". "You thought he was a shitty slow defender". He did the same to KD. I loved it. KD passed off rather than dealing with him. Ryno looks quick. People that argue this are seeing the color of his skin only.

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he torched Green last season in our win