1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Treated for Cancer on Pancreas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BruceAndre, Aug 23, 2019.

1. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

We gon be gittin a new Trump SCOTUS judge :D

"U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg recently underwent three weeks of radiation treatment following the discovery of a cancerous tumor on her pancreas, a court spokesperson announced Friday.
    Ginsburg, 86, began radiation therapy at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City on August 5th, according to the court. Doctors from the hospital said tests show that the rest of the justice’s body is cancer-free. As part of Ginsburg’s treatment, doctors inserted a stent into her bile duct."

Yeah right. When someone gets Pancreatic cancer, they don't last for much longer. Besides, she's 86.:D

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...insburg-treated-for-cancerous-pancreas-tumor/

2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Perhaps it is time for Ruth to retire.

Silent_Bob and BruceAndre like this.
  3. no.3 for no.1

no.3 for no.1 Member

Just hold on until 2020 Ruth, because you know you cant nominate a supreme court nominee during an election year!

B-Bob, AleksandarN and dmoneybangbang like this.
  4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Good luck RBG! I have a lot of respect for her even apart from the current political theatre. I do hope she can hold on till 2021 for my sake, but if she can't that's alright. When nature calls, you go. We'll figure something out.

It's up to the Senate to confirm the nominee and you know McConnell will want to confirm, even on the last day of Trump's presidency. She'd have to hang on until 2021.

Eric Riley, AleksandarN and RayRay10 like this.
  5. HTM

HTM Member

Damn that's sad. I hope she can recover. Even if you don't agree with her positions, she has been a public servant and role model for a lot of women in this country for a very long time.

I think it's distasteful to be gleeful about her death even if it is tongue-in-cheek.

I wish justices would be more willing to give up their seat at a younger age. Seems like it would have made sense in 2012 at the beginning of Obama's 2nd term. One of the problems is if you don't take the opportunity to retire during an administration aligning with your political beliefs, you run the risk of getting stuck in 8 more years at an extremely advanced age... with RBG that could potentially be 83-91 years old..

B-Bob and jcf like this.
  6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Her first cancer was like 20 years ago. She already beat pancreatic cancer once in 2009 and she beat lung cancer just last year.

The announcement was that the treatment she had been undergoing was successful and the tumor is gone. It's already over, before you even knew it started.

She's like 6 and 0 against cancer at this point.

It takes a lot more than cancer to take out The Notoreous RBG. Kavanaugh is going to retire while RBG is still chugging along with a full case load at 120 years old. She is essentially Deadpool.

#6 Ottomaton, Aug 23, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    RayRay10 likes this.
  7. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

[does this post make me look like a vulture sitting on a fence?:D]

8. TheresTheDagger

She's one tough lady. I wouldn't bet against her.

B-Bob and Nook like this.
  9. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

She's had some horrific judicial conclusions and political positions.

Yes, I probably do seem rather vulture like. But vultures do serve a purpose in the food chain ecosystem, after all. :confused:

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It makes you look edgy and cool. Keep at it hoss.

11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Bet against her with regards to what? Escaping death? You do realize that the death rate among human beings is 100%, right?

12. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Well, except for one. According to reports. :D

13. TheresTheDagger

Yes. That's exactly what I meant. :rolleyes:

B-Bob and Nook like this.
  14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Jesus died. And then rose again from the dead. Is that who you are referring to?

15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Ginsburg should barter with Trump ... Step down provided a centrist is put in her place.

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm just going to leave this here.

B-Bob likes this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If she were to pass you better buck up. For the SCOTUS to go 6-3 isn't good. The political fight behind the next Trump Judge in that case is going to be fought over.

Not if it was 6-3 liberals or 6-3 conservatives. That's not good for the country and will only add to the growing extreme partisanship nationally...and you know a 6-3 conservative dominance is not at all representative of the country.

You are then going to see Democrats try to increase the number of SCOTUS judges if she were to pass between now and Trump's term, this isn't even unprecedented either and we've already seen talks of this so its an idea floating around.

Both parties need to stop with the "Let's see what we can get away with while we have power" game. It would be a nice gesture from the GOP if they offer to replace her with Garland but...yeah, that's more of a dream.

jcf likes this.
  18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Smilies for the probable imminent death of a supreme court justice?

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

2.1/ 10

foh likes this.
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Indeed.