1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russian Nuclear Bribery investigation reveals millions routed to the Clintons

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by sugrlndkid, Oct 17, 2017.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FYI trump.org is an anti-Trump website. The foundation is "Donald J. Trump Foundation". Trump promised to close it not transfer management. It hasn't been closed as it is still under investigation and can't close.

If you're thinking Trump's businesses organization yes that is officially managed by his sons. That is not the same as the Clinton Foundation or CGI since Trump business has always been for profit and not a charitable foundation.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

You laughably misunderstood, "Trump Org" is "The Trump Organization" the private business organization.

3. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Which I responded to in a further edit. If you're comparing the business entity with the Clinton Foundation the purpose of those are totally different.
    You're comparing apples and oranges.

4. ipaman

I'm not comparing entities, I'm comparing folks who believe relationships to entities don't exists because paperwork says so. Only a naive fool would think that The Clintons have no connection, benefit, influence, support, etc... to their own foundation. Those same naive fools would/should think Trump has no no connection, benefit, influence, support, etc... to his "former" entity because he was forced to step aside after winning the presidency. Basically, don't be a naive fool because it supports your position or party because then you're just a partisan naive fool.

Also on a bigger picture, you can't have it both ways which is what anti-Trumpers want since they lost the presidency. Pick a topic, DNC corruption, Bernie, Russia, Electoral College, Popular Vote, etc... full of hypocrisy and double standards. And if those double standard hypocrite folks are supposed to be the answer to the "Trump Problem" then I'm not impressed. They're just a different problem.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Wait, what? Trump hasn't transitioned all his businesses to his family member as he has claimed he has? Doesn't that mean Trump has lied and possibly broke the law???

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You are making a ridiculous comparison.

Trump never transferred ownership of his companies just "management" or whatever that means. The argument there is that he's directly benefiting from any business they get. He owns them.

The Clintons of course have influence on their own foundation, but unless you can prove otherwise, and many have tried and failed, they don't take any financial profit from it. The two are nothing alike.

Nook likes this.
  7. ipaman

@rocketsjudoka @justtxyank @NewRoxFan

this thread and so many others prove that D&D and the country for that matter is broken.

the following applies to everyone which is sad. your side is good and clean, represents all that is right with humanity. the other side is evil, despicable, tyrants, represents all that is wrong. clearly they are not the same. they are not two sides of the same coin. only one side has a "far" radical side. your side can't look in the mirror. your side does not have the ability to be critical of itself or it's actions. no self-awareness. your side has a great ability to suspend logic and rationalize. your side only sees the worst of the other side. both sides share an equal amount of blame and neither side believes or will admit that. let's keep flipping that same tarnished coin, over and over again!

btw..., most of you know where I stand but one of the reasons I was excited about trump winning is that it's not quite the same coin. i had high hopes that his presidency would hard reset the system and while there's been hopeful flashes it hasn't really happened. a lot of reasons why there hasn't been a hard reset but the main reason is exactly what i wrote. instead of coming/blending together, the sides are digging in. i hope trump steps it up so everyone gets their head out of their own asses side.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ipaman likes this.
  9. mick fry

mick fry Member

Person B that doesn't think that the "Clinton Foundation" isn't just a means of funneling money into their own pockets= Gullible Dumbass!

ipaman likes this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Again, who is gullible? The person who believes the Clinton Foundation funnels money into the Clintons' pockets despite not having any evidence other than some right wing media claiming and insinuating that it does, or the people who look at actual evidence and accounting of where the money goes.

Of cours, if you have evidence that the Clintons are getting money from the Clinton Foundation, please share it. Or do you just believe it because that feels like something those greedy Clintons would do?

11. mick fry

mick fry Member

12. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Good point. Doesn't matter to the contented if it fails to support the corporate wing of the Dems.

At worst WikiLeaks holds back news to release it when it supports their position just like the NYT has done when it withholds new before elections that might negatively displease whoever will be president..

13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I can agree with this. Just ordinary corruption and using political office for favors.

14. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Sigh... Actually you're proving what is wrong with these type of discssions. You're ranting about something that you don't even fully understand and jumping to conclusions about what other's are saying. If you reread my earlier post I actually say I don't discount that donations to the Clinton Foundation and CGI are for political favor. In fact I say that specifically. Since apparently you can't see nuance if it doesn't fit exactlyyour narrative then everyone else is wrong.
    And how is that going for you? Has Trump made a hard reset on the parties or has he only entrenched in partisan differences?

I've noticed like people such yourself are quick to call others sheeple yet you've been suckered in the most. I mean you yourself acknowledge Trump's corruption yet are counting on him to save things.

#135 rocketsjudoka, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    adoo likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

This is a key point. I have no doubt that the Clintons' egos benefit a lot from the Clinton Foundation and looking at the pattern of giving I have no doubt that many are currying favor with the Clintons by donating to their foundations. That isn't the same though as the Clintons are profitting from them. This is important why the distinction between Clinton foundation and Trump businesses are important. There is certainly an argument that there is corruption and influence peddling from both but the nature of it is different.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, I agree completely. I'm all for investigating any type of possible wrongdoing.

17. ipaman

I saw you ballet around the potential benefits angle while others did not. They naively categorically deny it. And honestly, I don't really care about the nuances of benefits. I only care to denounce the ability of of both sides to ballet their way out of what I see as the same situations and scenarios.

I clearly answered how I think it's gone. I don't like to repeat myself but so be it. Trump has not been able to hard reset the system, both sides have dug in, but there are promising cracks.

Also, I didn't vote last election so I'm not a sucker or a sheep. The real sheep are the ones that have withdrawn and dug into their own safe side of the meadow while the wolves roam free picking sheep off in the madness. The red sheep to one side, the blue to the other. The sheep are so blind and stupid, they are sheep what do you expect, they don't realize they are both sheep regardless of coat. Red sheep think they are better than blue sheep and the blue the same. None realize the wolves don't care, gonna eat them all up. Predators attack the weak so hopefully after the flocks have been thinned of the weak the strongest remain though I doubt there will be many. Force the sheep herder (the voters of this country) to start from scratch.

ROFLMAO!!!, who said anything about saving?!?! I'm not counting on but hoping Trump can destroy things. Specifically things like the political status quo. He's done okay but the political system has not hit rock bottom yet. The kind of bottom that would wake people up.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I believe Trump really did step away from general management like he says he did. Obviously, I think he continues to benefit because it is out in the open that he has chosen not to divest ownership. He's not using some secret back channel to effectuate ownership - he outright owns the company. But, I have no problem believing his sons really are the ones doing the daily work of leading it. I'm sure Trump would have no scruples at all about giving pointed advice on something he thought was important, but he's honestly got better things to do than to micromanage his business. I don't see how he'd have any time to do it anyway with him being so busy creating and then continuously feeding scandals.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  19. ipaman

don't get lost in the details. point was Trump has many unseen and even seen benefits despite his stepping away which seems legit and is documented.