1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook strained right quadriceps

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 12, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden is going to have to score 50 a night til Russ comes back

2. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Yeah realized it about 10 seconds later

3. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

I still think he'll play game 1.

He was moving fine on Tuesday and it was already bothering him.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Only thing positive about all this is Mavs are playing Clippers and most likely Portland is playing the Lakers.

5. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Lmao are y’all seriously worried about Westbrook? Dude is a ninja fuc**** turtle and he’s not going to pus** out and not play. He will come back as soon as possible and he will not let his brethren’s down!

6. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

This gotta be the third time Harden has had his point guard get injured or go down right before or during the playoffs. Unreal, first Pat Bev, then CP3 and now Russ. This is crazy lol

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Rest him...
    Beard can take care of OKC... but we're gonna need him after that...

Verbal Christ, FrontRunner and D-rock like this.
  8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Hard to feel sorry for a dude making over $50M a year (salary + endorsements) but the BB gods have not been kind to Harden. He literally has to carry the whole team on his shoulders.

One more thing, love Rivers, but the day after he said he was an elite scorer after that 41 points showmanship, he scores a grand total of 3 points next game. Elite scorer, come again?

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Beard can take OKC but we need some depth minutes from Westbrook and it would be good if he started getting into a groove against a good defense.

10. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Yeah except we didn't have an 82 game season this year and Russ got to sit out many games... Also had a four month break.... and he's hurt now smfh

bro2044, Zoplicone and clutchdabear like this.
  11. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Exactly. I'm a big fan of this approach. We don't need him to play every minute of the series. I'd rather him rest up for the next 7-10 days, and come back fresh and healthy for playoffs rather than continuing to nurse along an injury trying to squeeze out every minute possible. Let the man heal!

Ketchup&Mustard likes this.
  12. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Glad to hear. Tbh, Russ did look a touch slower and less aggressive for the majority of the bubble and this seems like the perfect explanation. I doubt he'll be 100% for the first round, but if he can fill in some minutes and be healthy against the Lakers I'm all for that.

13. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Even if he can play Im concerned it will affect his play.... a compromised Russ who isn't attacking downhill, but instead settling is problematic.

14. Mathloom

Pretty sure he's going to the line 10 times a game in the bubble. I think he'll keep attempting that in the playoffs, which is the difference maker.

Westbrook's defense will be very important. He will have to be better for us to win.

Mr. Dominant likes this.
  15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Indeed. When I asked I assumed OKC was losing to Miami even though I put money on them winning. Crazy comeback. Generous payout

BeBreezy and jch1911 like this.
  16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

at this point he just has to be out there for us to have a chance to beat okc.

17. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Save his ass. I hope this is a kawaii leaonard thing... secret load management.

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

If Westbrook isn't fully healthy, he needs to stay out until he is. If he's nursing an injury we have no chance of going deep. He is a really, really bad player when hobbled because he still gets his shots, he just takes terrible ones if he can't get his blow byes.

We need the full mid season beast mode Westbrook we saw if this crazy plan of ours is gonna work. Merely being really good won't cut it.

Mr. Dominant, bro2044 and sammy like this.
  19. Mathloom

lol come on dude, don’t forget that that team would be better with James Harden leading it. James Harden is the one who comes knocking.

to have a chance to beat okc!! James harden is the best player in the bubble and we’ll have the best player in every series.

D-rock likes this.
  20. foggy94

foggy94 Member

I'm so terrified of coming onto clutchfans and seeing the cyber thread 'Sources: Westbrook injury is worse than they are letting on - could be out the entire playoffs'. Houston has done this to me