1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#RunItBack: Klay with torn ACL, Rockets now the best team in the West?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jun 14, 2019.

1. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

For sure...also i mean Toronto was a great team this year as was milwaukee but neither were all time great like GS. I still think the rockets would lose had they played either of those but I would take my chances. IF, we actually do something for once and put all our chips in, our window increases from next year to 2-3 more seasons. The name of the game is to get to the Finals and from there as we saw its an open game. With a weaker West, I'm fairly confident if the rockets make one decent move this off season with an all-star caliber player or so we will win a championship in this window.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Not even projected to be a top 5 team o_O

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

How many games did Love and CP3 play ?

4. Asian Sensation

Dafuqs that gotta do with DJ and Capela’s FT percentages?

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Go back and read my original post you quoted.

The main point of contention is Love and CP3 playing ugly cheerleader …. HackaDJ was just a secondary laughing matter.

6. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

The Lakers immediately became one of the favorites when they got LeBron. How did that work out?

FrontRunner likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

huh? lol. lakers were never the favorite to win the championship when they got lebron

8. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

MANY people did indeed put them into contention, citing LeBron having been in like 23 straight finals.

And, you will note, that the discussion was on whether they were ONE of the favorites, not THE favorite.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

random people isn't really that concerning. a fans optimism isn't that relevant to what's going on in reality. point being the lakers were never considered the favorite.

now that they got AD, they immediately changed their odds as I said. and they're still looking to add more

10. tc0330

tc0330 Member

vs Milwaulkee: 1-1
    vs Toronto: 2-0
    vs Philly: 1-1
    vs Denver: 3-1
    vs LAC: 1-2
    vs GS: 3-1

this is just flat out disrespectful... houston cant ever get no love man

harold bingo likes this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Seems fair, assuming the Clippers get Kawhi and Philly brings back Butler.

12. icewill36

icewill36 Member

The window is closed guys. The team doesn’t even get along anymore. Cp3 another year older. It’s over.

13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

The Bucks are like the Rockets of two years ago. Great team then too many free agents and took a step back. Just shows how much research ESPN actually does instead of just blindly trying to help Giannis.

Brogdon, Middleton, Lopez, mirotic are all free agents. Unlikely the Bucks can keep them all especially since they have no bird rights on Lopez and can only pay him like 5 million.

14. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Agree.

What makes the Clippers and GS, next year, better than Houston? I get Denver, but think they're about a toss up with Houston.

OTH, Houston does better when being disrespected, so all good.

tc0330 likes this.