1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ronaldo to Juventus is official...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deji McGever, Jul 10, 2018.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

2. Gdaliya

Gdaliya Member

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

JumpMan likes this.
  4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

7. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Figured this might as well go here

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/ne...-to-juve-ac-milan-sign-caldara-and-higu-54748

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I did Juve-Madrid this past weekend and got to ask some italian journos about this. It basically came down to

1. With Ronaldo now at Juve, Higuain became redundant. They'll both basically be in the same position. Juve were hoping to "trade" Higuain to Chelsea for Morata but Chelsea decided to hold onto Morata.
    2. Bonucci became available because apparently his child (or some other family member) still in Turin needs medical care and he wanted to be even closer (even though Milan and Turin are kinda close) so that's when he let Milan know he'd like to return to Turin if possible
    3. With Bonucci in the fold, Caldara told Juve that he didn't want to stay on because he knew there'd be few opportunities for him to play as Allegri seems to be going with a back four and that leaves 2 spots for Chiellini, Barzagli, Bonucci, Benatia, Rugano and Caldara if he stayed. Made sense for Caldara to ask to leave and I guess Milan found out he wanted to leave (possibly from his agent) and asked for Caldara to be included in the mix as well.

Also found out a question I had re. Buffon and Juve.
    I was wondering if Buffon specifically ask Juve to let him leave or if Juve forced him out or if it was mutual.
    Apparently it was more of a force out by Juve. Buffon would have liked to stay at Juve (as he isn't ready to retire yet) but Juve sent him packing.

I think it would be cruel if Juve win the CL this season ...with Ronaldo....and with Buffon on another team. Cruel football world if that happens.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bonucci is like crazily booed by the fans.......