1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets won't be pursuing Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 15, 2018.

1. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Lol, can you imagine morey tweeting him back "it's ok we are good however can I get my iPad back", that would be ****ing legendary.

2. riko

riko Member

Blood clots are no joke. We had a guy in the army who almost died after he collapsed right in front of us and once he was diagnosed he was given early leave but he was lucky to survive it.

saleem likes this.
  3. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Seems like we lucked up but we could have had a potential dynasty with Harden/Howard/Bosh/Parsons.

4. fv court

fv court Member

[​IMG] IPOD? maybe...

5. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

4 max players but way worse than GSW or OKC(potential). Also injury prone

saleem likes this.
  6. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

Gee, I don't remember talking about Melo coming to the Rockets, or how it would affect the Rockets' dynamic, or discussing Ryno's abilities, or comparing of Ryno to Melo, or comparing of Harden to Melo, or Melo not wanting to come off the bench, or anything you "rebutted" in your straw-man-argument-laden post, other than Melo's defensive deficiency and the quote.

Perhaps if you'd like to read what I wrote again, you'll see that I point out your mistake in assuming Melo will automatically be gone next year, and discuss what a detriment his continued presence at such a high salary would be.

#86 shtinkee, Feb 20, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wish the best for Bosh, but his health is more important than the game. I don't want the Rockets to pursue him, but I would like to see Vince Carter ending his NBA on the veteran minimum in Houston.

Vince brings professionalism and toughness at the incredible age of 41.

8. DOYG86

DOYG86 Member

How things truly workout sometimes. If we'd taken Bosh, who knows what would have happened today.

9. sholaemmanuel

sholaemmanuel Member

Even without his health problem, which is very pivotal, we don't need him even if he elect to play for free. We twice rolled out red carpet for this guy and on both occasions, he ditched us. Now he thinks he can just brush that aside and come to the Rockets for a chance to win another championship. Bosh should think again. No thanks, we don't need your sorry service. You don't want us when we thought we need you; likewise, we don't want you now that you need us. You can take talent back to South Beach ans see if they want you or anywhere for that matter.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Again how would his presence at a high salary be a detriment? It would be an upgrade for us because we dump Anderson's salary in return. You are just looking at Melo's salary in a vacuum and ignoring the reality of the situation.

Following your dumbass logic even Harden's salary is a detriment to this team.

11. rockets13champs

It would have won 2015 title but we would suck in 2016 and 17 prob be decent now

12. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

What would we lose by taking one of the greatest PF’s of all time and inserting him 20 min per game instead of Anderson.

He can shave off minutes from pj, ryno, nene, and black.

If he dies, it’s his fault, he begged us to play and we gave him that chance.

If he doesn’t do well, it’s 2 million and a waived player that wasn’t playing anyways like joe chee. That’s like one week of crawfish sales.

Sadboy likes this.
  13. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

Gee, I don't remember talking about Melo coming to the Rockets, or Harden's salary.

Perhaps if you'd like to read what I wrote again, you'll see that I point out your mistake in assuming Melo will automatically be gone next year, and discuss what a detriment his continued presence at such a high salary would be.

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]
    :eek:

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

How quickly ClutchFans has forgotten how Dwight single-handedly killed an entire season with his selfishness and passive-agressive locker room presence.

For the above lineup to even win ONE title, you'd have to have Dwight buying into doing whatever the team wants him to do, and that never happens unless he's the focal point of the entire offense.

16. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I can certainly say at this point in time there's no way Bosh is anywhere near Ryno's level of play. Bosh would not fit at all conditioning wise nor bulk and strength wise. He wouldn't be able to keep up with the Rockets high speed/powered offense and would be buried in rubble against the elite teams on defense. Heck even Joe Johnson would be a much better option as the stretch 4/5 or backup to Ryno. Bosh's career is over.

17. CrushCity

CrushCity Member

offer him a max deal then yank it before he signs. taste of his own bs.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

We have a chance to get him at this time, but he is not needed. The time has been changed.

20. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Battling conflicting interests between Dwight and Howard. If anything, Howard wasn't comfortable falling back to a secondary role and probably regrets it.