1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to begin Working Out Draft Prospects on May 5

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by shastarocket, May 4, 2015.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I'm told the Houston Rockets will begin working out draft prospects on Tuesday. Jherrod Stiggers will be one player in attendance tomorrow.</p>&mdash; Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/595314733651202052">May 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I know it's Kennedy, but it has been confirmed by other folks.

----------

For those that don't know Jherrod Stiggers:
    http://www.chron.com/sports/cougars...iggers-plans-to-leave-school-turn-6171002.php

He's not a highly touted pick and will probably head for the D-league. Nevertheless, it is interesting to see that the machine never stops

2. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Kennedy is usually credible because he posts right after a credible source.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Interesting. I'd like to announce that I'm entering the 2015 draft.

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Any pgs/playmakers worth a damn?

I would like to get a playmaker, even one with questionable shooting touch. That can always be improved with time.

We need a couple of those for next year.

5. Normalus

Normalus Member

Delon Wright worth invite to our workout, J.P. Tokoto as well. Jherrod Stiggers probably was invited because he is local, 100% he will be undrafted, maybe RGV?

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I hope we keep Bev, and I pray to gawd that Morey is able to trade for someone like Lawson. The latter has his own flaws, but he would make life so much easier to Harden. Otherwise, bring a couple of potential playmakers and see if they could help.

Prigs and Terry are too old to make a decisive difference. Johnson is lucky to have the pedigree or he would be in Russia by now.

This is the most pressing needs for this team right now.

7. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Rockets are better off finding a good one in free agency. they are in win mode now. if they draft a good one, he will end up in the dleague the first year anyway. So what is the point? Also, even in his 2nd yr, it is unlikely McHale would play him anyway. I heard the Rockets are going after Corey Joseph this summer. Is this true?

8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

If you dangle D-Mo and picks, I can almost guarantee you will get a starting caliber pg, who may also be as young as D-Mo. That backup from Atlanta, Schroeder would look in red. That's just one example. D-Mo is the 8th most improved player this year, and I feel bad trading him, but that pg situation must be addressed for once and all. Harden deserves a running mate.

9. malakas

malakas Member

Tyus Jones and Grant should be available at the Rocket's pick.

This draft class is awful after the top 12. After that you look at best at bench players.

10. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Only if he dyes that horrible blonde patch off his head.

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I know. I understand people want to develop some personality, but that patch of hair is just not right.

I think those guys who are currently backups (Peyton, Schroeder), including Lawson, can be got via trade. D-Mo will likely be the guy they ask in return. I would tempt them with Jones first, but if D-Mo has to be the sacrificial lamb, so be it. We have enough PFs, we need pgs.

12. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I don't mind Schroeder at all. Really quick and can break down defenses. His 3pt shooting has improved too.

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Exactly. Schroeder, Peyton do one thing very well that none of our pgs do: they put tremendous pressure on the defense by relentless driving to the rim. Besides, they are good defenders. Think of them as Bev, but more talented.

This playoff series against the Clippers is exposing the real weakness at pg /

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Getting Schroeder would be a steal.

15. omgTHEpotential

Depends on what we would have to give up.

16. lionaire

lionaire Member

Depends on what we would have to give up though. If it involves DMo then I am NOT down. Capela or TJones...maybe.

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

It is not going to be cheap. Good, young pg with plenty of upside. I have to give to get.

18. malakas

malakas Member

Forget young Dennis. He is considered the Hawks young franchise player by fans and FO alike. He is unavailable even with a package of DMO+ Jones + 2 firsts. Also Hawks still have the old fox Ferry behind the scenes. They won't make dumb trades.
    Better draft a PG you can control for the next 4 years for cheap or trade for an older one.

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Dwight's contract year is coming up, we aren't rolling with a rookie PG.

I fully expect the pick and papa to be gone at the very least

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This pick should be traded.