1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets moment in Ohio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 4chuckie, Aug 3, 2003.

1. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

I know this won't mean most of you inside ot Texas but I finaly witnesses a Rockets moment I have not saw since CB4 and Dream's time in Houston.
    A neighbot of mine has a basketball hoop and 4 kids (ages 5-7-11-16). Anyways this afternoon I am cutting the grass and I have the mower stopped to throw teh trimmings in a bag, when the kids are picking team.
    The 7 nd 11 year olds are taking teh Lakers (as Kobe-Shaq) then teh little kid says he wants to be "Yao's Team". Now many of you in Houston maybe be ticked but here in Columbus, Ohio that means someone notices the Rockets again.
    To top thins off the youngster's older brotehr says OK I'm Yao and you be Steve Francis, and the youngster seemed OK with it.
    Again not a big day in Houston, but it's nice to know people int eh Mid-West are noticing the Rockets again!

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

3. Yun

Yun Member

Wow! that story is cute. :)

Thank you for sharing it.

4. francisfan4l1f3

that brought a tear to my eye................but really great post! OL THE GOOD OL DAYS.......im only 18 and im talkin lke im 40......

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I'll be Hakeem.

You can be..

umm..

Vernon Maxwell?

6. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Get a mulching mower, you'll love it.

7. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

no man, clyde the glyde, of course!!:D

8. MONON

MONON Member

You know it was a great post when a Boilermaker reads intently what a Buckeye was to say!:eek: :D

9. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I remember back during the 92 Finals,me and my best friend were 12 at the time and playing basketball on my driveway one night (against others's I think) and we wanted the Blazers to beat the Bulls, so I was Terry Porter, and he was Clyde Drexler.

10. Just B

Just B Member

I'm one more person from Ohio who likes the Rockets! So I guess there's 2 of us!;)

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I remember when NBA Jam came out the year the Rockets won their first NBA championship.

2 on 2 madness.. playing as the rockets was kind of a let down though.

HAKEEM OLAJUWON and!.... vernon maxwell? who's that?

12. JasonDurbin32

JasonDurbin32 Member

i would have thought lebron would have been on there but of course those kids dont even realize who the cavaliers are anyways...well until this year...:rolleyes:

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Back when I was six or seven, me and my neighbors did the same things. We were always the Detroit Pistons. The Bad Boys.

He was always Vinny Johnson, or Isiah Thomas, and I would always be Dennis Rodman or Bill Lambair.

What's ironic about that, is that he was bigger than me by like two or three inches or whatever, and he wanted to be the guards, while I was always the forward.

14. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

We were always the Pistons and the Bullets. :cool: Good times.