1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets minutes forecast

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Samiam1234, Feb 21, 2018.

1. H-Town Rockets Guy

we have the best bench in the NBA now..no doubt..
    I mean we can run a 10 man rotation pretty smooth and not to loose any scoring punch when the starters comes out of the games. I sure hope D'Antoni uses an expanded rotation and take advantage of our deep bench.
    Chris Paul-----Eric Gordon
    James Harden-----Gerald Green
    Trevor Ariza-----Luc Mbah Moute/Joe Johnson
    P.J.Tucker------Ryan Anderson
    Clint Capela----Brandon Wright/Nene

we still have Brown, Tarik Black, Qi, and Chinanu left

a 10 or 11 man rotation is easily done

D-rock likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  3. OTMax

OTMax Member

I’m not buying it, no way MDA reduces guys playing time by a considerable amount and play 10-12 guys.

4. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Read a Chron article that says D'antoni doesn't know who to play, because "Everybody can play". If he gives Luc Mbah a Moute back-of-rotation minutes I'm gonna drink drano.

5. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Gordon is out so Joe Johnson will get big minutes again. Oi vey.

6. H-Town Rockets Guy

Most of the coaches in the NBA goes 10 or 11 man deep. When we have a deep team like the one we have now, we should take advantage of it. Do not run our star players and starters to the ground with them playing 40 plus minutes.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

We can talk about these "ideal numbers" all you want but ...You guys gotta realize that the amount of minutes Harden & CP3 play is going to be dictated by the opponent , the score and the way the game is going. The rest of them are going to be dictated by who's hot and matchups.

And lets not kid ourselves , Harden wants to pad his stats a bit chasing that MVP .... He's going to play more minutes than necessary.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Agreed totally on point #1

I hope not on #2 .

He doesn't need to pad . If we continue winning and James numbers stay respectable .... If they don't give him the MVP , then **** em ... Win a chip .