1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets meeting with Looney on Sunday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jun 29, 2019.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I..... *sigh*.

2. KlutchQT

Wut?

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He's saying he thinks regardless of what happens with Butler, that if we can get Looney with our MLE, we will trade Clint.

I agree, but even if we don't get Looney, we're still trading Clint for Butler if he's coming so the statement isn't perfect.

joshuaao likes this.
  4. UrbanEnterprise

just trade Capela

sign DeAndre Jordan

and bring back Ariza

and really run it back

5. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Kelvin Cato you cannot talk about anyone else having butter fingers. Don’t you still get royalties from Nestle?

TrillScottHeron likes this.
  6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if he's using us as leverage against the warriors, good.

if he's actually a good replacement for Clint, good.

I'm ok either way. plenty of other centers on the market.

7. BigBum

BigBum Member

Al horford is not worth 100 million.
    To me, he is worth 60 million.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

We are NOT trading Clint even if we can get Looney. Its actually pretty unlikely we get him anywyas.

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I expect him to sign for the TMLE (either with us or warriors if he's using us as leverage). this is interesting to me because if we don't S&T for butler we can use the NTMLE and get a higher priced better player. so signing looney for the TMLE would signal that we are extremely confident in the butler situation.

10. KlutchQT

Ohhhhhhhhhh. I was reading KL as Kawhi Leonard lol.

Williamson and Jontro like this.
  11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Our 3rd star! NBA Champion Kevon Looney!

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I like looney as a fit for us. he's better at guarding the perimeter than clint. better touch around the basket, stronger at finishing at the rim, younger, championship experience. he's not as good of a post defender, rebounder, rim protector, or lob finisher. however he'd be signed at 1/3 of the price of clint and he's younger.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  13. cebu

cebu Member

Really we are done with capella?

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I've always liked the idea of poaching the warriors free agents to break up their team.

I was screaming for the rockets to go after barnes instead of Ryno (both signed for the same price). imagine if we had a 19ppg wing scorer for game 7 against the warriors instead of Ryno riding the pine. do we win a championship? what about if we had him this year instead of Shumpert? we lost each game by 6 points or less. he might've been +6 over shumpert in enough games for us to win the series. could've been back to back champs right now.

this summer I want to see looney and cook sign elsewhere. the warriors may be out of it next season but their competitors should make it hard for them to come back the year after. raid their bench!

15. rockets13champs

It doesn’t affect cap space until July 6 Bc it’s moratorium period

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That's a really interesting thought. I don't think Harrison Barnes would score 19 points per game with us, but it's undeniable he's far superior to Ryan Anderson and certainly would have made it easier to let go of Ariza. If we go further down that rabbit hole, maybe we trade Ariza after picking up Barnes and Mbah A Moute and instead of having to give up a 1st to get rid of Anderson we might have gained at the least a second round pick (probably a late 1st) for trading Ariza.

This is a fun little what if I had never considered. Because we had Ariza I never even wanted Barnes. I still think he got over-paid, but damn, would've been a far superior signing to Ryan Anderson.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...iff-competition-in-quest-to-land-14061558.php

The Rockets on Thursday lined up a variety of deals with teams to provide the Sixers with options of assets, including picks, from other teams, or a pair of their own starters, center Clint Capela and guard Eric Gordon.

With the possibility that they could be moving Capela, the Rockets arranged a meeting for Sunday with Warriors center Kevon Looney.

Looney is also expected to weigh a return to the Warriors, but the Rockets could use the help inside even if they do not land Butler, necessitating a deal to move Capela.

18. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

looney > capela > kat/gobert

tc0330 likes this.
  19. rocketexastros

Did you watch the playoffs?

BamBam and tc0330 like this.
  20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I like Looney, but...

Did you watch the playoffs the year before when Capela schooled folks? Now people here hate him.

Life comes at you fast.

TrillScottHeron and Nook like this.