1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Legend T-Mac Reacts To Rockets Small Ball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Feb 25, 2020.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Of all the nits to pick with James Harden - "doesn't rebound enough" is probably somewhere in the scatter plot chart with "Beard an inch too short to really be effective" and " Doesn't score enough points" in terms of valid criticisms.

jiggyfly and vlaurelio like this.
  2. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Would a longer beard make him more effective?

3. YaoMingsSoulja

Can't say that he's wrong about this, I'm kinda feelin the same way. It's uncharted territory right? Nobody's ever really gone small in the playoffs unless I'm missing someone?

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. YaoMingsSoulja

I feel like they dont count idk why lol

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

if guards can't get the rebounds their forwards and centers can't get then its impossible for their team to even make the playoffs

7. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Nope, all Cris Carter does is get fired and all James does is take ill advised shots and then not get back on defense (which he actually played a good game of D last night on the perimeter).

8. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

We as Rockets fans are good at finding stats to corroborate our views. Where is this data collected from and who decides if the rebound was contested or not. My only point is this, James is under the basketball 90% of the time on defense, as a result, his rebounding numbers reflect that as others scramble and switch to keep him from getting exposed on the perimeter...

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is called micro ball now.... later germ or bacteria ball.

saleem and YaoMingsSoulja like this.
  10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Uhh. No.

If my view is that James Harden is one of the best in league history at not turning the ball over there is nothing I could find to corroborate that.

If my view was that Westbrook is one of the best 3 point shooters ever there is nothing I could find to corroborate that.

The data is collected by the league from their tracking cameras. They track just about any damn thing you can think of. And they are very accurate.

Your point was that Harden is merely feasting on gift rebounds to inflate his numbers.

Facts are he is near the tops in the league year after year at fighting for rebounds among guards.

vlaurelio likes this.
  11. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Facts: He is the only 2 guard stationed in the post area on defense and therefore is a product of more rebounds...IJS!

12. pippsux

pippsux Member

I object to the label "legend".

13. caneks

caneks Rookie

I have no problem for team whose centers and forwards grab 70% of rebs and guards grab other 30%. What is your point?

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Considering they've won 3 championships and went to 5 NBA Finals, maybe you should count them......

15. YaoMingsSoulja

Well that team is arguably the best team ever assembled. I would consider them an outlier, but who knows, maybe the Rockets can change that. We shall see :D

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Somebody had to say it.:D

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

prove this then

jiggyfly likes this.