1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have interest in Gallinari

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Vivi, Feb 15, 2017.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

another thing is hes injury prone....

JuNx likes this.
  2. JW86

JW86 Member

For a big guy, he’s definitely not strong. He can be moved around by most starting forwards in the league. And if he had been consistent and given the type of production he’s capable of, then the Warriors might have been facing an upset. He’d be completely invisible, which is why Lou and Harrell stole the show.

3. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Honestly, I'm a little surprised Ryno hasn't been mentioned. He's a free agent and can be had for cheap at this point. Ryno wasn't a bad player just a grossly overpaid one..but he was a decent rebounder and stretch the floor to nearly half court.

D-rock likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would consider for vet minimum.

Lurch likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this, he choked vs the warriors playing uncharacteristically subpar...at least this is how it looked to me.....need to check the stats tho

6. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Still assuming his biggest problem is confidence issues. Passing up shots makes him worthless on the court. Even for the minimum.

7. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Sorry to be insensitive but the guy losing a fiance to suicide completely derailed his career ever since. It is a shame and he is a baggaged player in that sense.

8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

His entire stint with the rockets was after that happened. I do think it played a part in him not being self assured but let’s not even pretend like the lamenting of his contract had nothing to do with it. He played well for 2 seasons with everyone saying “18 million a year” sarcastically every time he missed a shot. You could see .that wear on him more and more as he began aiming everything instead of shooting or pump faking and only psyching himself out.

I’d love to have him back at vet minimum.

Elephant810 likes this.
  9. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

So would I...

10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I don't think he choked necessarily, I think that was just his level of play against a team of superior lengthy defenders like the Warriors. Gallo isn't an elite iso player but those are the types of shots he took in the series. He doesn't have the same dribble drive game he used to, he uses his length to post up and shoot over defenders. That's not going to work against Durant and Green.

He's an elite shooter and I think he'd be a great fit playing next to two primary ballhandlers in Harden and Westbrook, but with his injury history I'd avoid him.