1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets get Brook Lopez?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 2Cleva, Jun 21, 2017.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

can you read correctly. key word is fit. something you obviously are oblivious to. you're focused on who these guys are individually. they're two completely different players. i couldn't careless who is the better player. it's all about whats best for the team and how they operate to put them in a position to win games.

putting up 20 pts a game while being below 50% and grabbing 5 boards a game for a 7'0 who is medicore or bad in all areas the rockets need from their C in no way is impressive to me. by all means if that's your preference continue to cheer on

francis 4 prez likes this.
  2. 713Genius

713Genius Member

The only thing i can think of us sending anderson to indy and russel to the nets with moz. That would give us someone to move for a lottery pick or mid first round pick. Therefore we won't have to move bev. That give us $31 mil in cap to sign a griffin or millsap while obtaining a lottery or mid first. You can use that pick and flip maybe ariza for an upgrade at the 3 spot or maybe a draft pick we can use if we move gordon and lou to sign cp3. Dream Scenario would be monk falling out the top 10 and falling to us.

Cp3/Bev
    Harden/Monk
    Ariza/Dekker
    Griffin/Harrel
    Capela/(Filler)

3. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

As much as it would hurt me to watch another big man struggle to get 6 rebounds in a game, I would do this in a heartbeat if it means getting rid of Ryan Anderson. Lopez is better than Anderson AND expiring. Just get us out of having to pay Ryan Anderson nearly $20 million to stand at the elbow and miss 3's.

basketballholic and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  4. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

I completely agree with you. Brook Lopez has never impressed me. He has the emptiest scoring stats and can't rebound to save his life. However, if we can get rid of Ryno, you have to do this, right? Brook is expiring and would be an upgrade over Anderson imo. He can shoot relatively well and he gets a couple of blocks a game.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

a brook lopez fits a rockets front court if the 4 position is a tristan thompson type. someone has got to play that role for balance and lineup versatility purposes. but how well that works isn't exactly promising. as the stretch 4 position has opened up the rockets offense a ton as we've seen this year. there aren't any 5's in this league that are a legit threats to kill you from the 3 over the course of a game, let alone season

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

In December Brooke had 32 minutes with 1 rebound against us. Morey knows better.

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Please no . That is all.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

For Ryan Anderson yes.

9. caneks

caneks Rookie

I think he'd fit in well at 5.

basketballholic likes this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

I'm sure there are tons of trade packages floating out there. This one sounds more like a plan E, but this would be a total Morey move if the biggest dominoes don't fall.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Brook Lopez would be a terrible idea lol. High usage, low impact player. Thank god this is fake news.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

From cp3 and pg13 to an overpaid scrub center. Sounds about Morey.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Why would the Pacers do this though? Wouldn't they rather take Brook outright?

14. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

im so out of the loop on rockets stuff

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he is a heck of a scorer, he can block shots. He took more threes this season as well and hit them at 34 percent. I'd rather get Galinari, but i'd be alright with Lopez. We need a scoring centre like him

16. alethios

alethios Member

17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I would be sick every single game I saw Lopez take 16 seconds to make it from the baseline to halfcourt running at full sprint each game.

There's not many players in the league I hate more than this guy.

If he was shorter than 6'9 he wouldn't even approach representative basketball.

18. basketballholic

Lopez is faster than and moves more than Ryan Anderson. Chew on that.

19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Uhhh, didn't the Lakers just trade D' Angelo Russell & Timothy Mozgov to the Nets for Brooks Lopez & the 27th pick in tonights draft? So what makes anyone here believe that They'll trade Lopez to Houston for Anderson?

20. basketballholic

Because we could add an asset to Anderson that would help the Lakers get George. Indy may prefer Anderson and an additional asset to Lopez in a George trade.