1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets CEO Tad Brown: "There are gonna be fireworks" in regards to Rockets offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 13, 2019.

1. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

At times, I think Morey hurts himself by letting the perfect be the enemy of the good. He will pass on deals because he doesnt feel they meet his criteria, and as a result ends up keeping the roster static or desperately clamoring for deadline deals to dump salary.

I think this approach is generally doable when your team is a top seeded team expected to go to the Finals. That is not the case anymore with this group, even with a depleted Warriors team (I am not sure this team can handle a fully loaded Portland or Lakers time as it sits over a seven game series). What Morey has in front of him is daunting: internal dissension, very little financial wiggle room, limited assets, and a trade market that is probably not going to give him full price for the best pieces he has (i.e., Capela, Gordon, Tucker). And somehow he has to improve the roster in all of this.

If Morey trades CP3, it will be because SAS's reports were true and CP3 is so dissatisfied that he leaves Morey no choice. Beyond that, I dont know what names Morey can/will pursue given the actual players available and the pieces he has at his disposal to do something with. Also, even if he has been given the 'green light', I doubt Rex will be content with Morey being way over the luxury tax and so he will have to manage that as well...

luckyman76 and cheke64 like this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Stopped listening at “when you got an owner like Tillman”.

luckyman76 likes this.
  3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Seriously though... when you make a comment like that, you are sort of disrespecting the intelligence of your fan base. Not that Tillman might be a great owner in the future... he could be.... but there is zero evidence now with only a season under his belt (a season in which his team sacrificed a lot strictly to get under the tax) that he is a great owner.

It just comes off as pandering, and kiss assy. I don’t want to hear you just kiss up to your boss. Do that on your own time. I want to hear how you really can make this team not F up the last couple great years of Hardens career.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Hey that's my line!

"Harden and 4 scrubs from the YMCA"

amaru and ROXTXIA like this.
  5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It was, uh, inadvertent. Like George Harrison ripping off the melody for "He's So Fine" to compose "My Sweet Lord".

I'll find something else. Shirts-and-skins? Uj...

Corrosion likes this.
  6. bmelo

bmelo Member

The moment we didnt resign Ariza and forced Ryno out for nothing determined our focus. Now we would have expiring albatross in Ryno to pair along with someone asa a sweetener to realisticaly improve the team. Also with Ariza we couldve potentialy fight this year for championship(we were just pretenders this year, we had no chance. Nothing close to rockets year before). It seems like Feritta came at the worst possible timing and ****ed our only chances because now we cant get much better while we watch other superteams emerge. With Lakers/Toronto/76ers/Bucks in the mix, potentialy Clippers.... our chances are really trimmed

luckyman76 and TheRealist137 like this.
  7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

1982 …. 14 wins. That was worse than their inaugural year in the league by one game - I been around for all of them.
    (that's the last time they traded away the League MVP for those knuckleheads who think trading Harden is a good idea)

I'm thrilled with the last 3 years this team has had , but that doesn't mean I don't want better for them.

RudyTBag likes this.
  8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Its all good …. imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I just thought it was funny cause I was saying / thinking that all season long - especially while Capela / CP3 were out.

Honestly that should be the argument for Harden for MVP …. what he did during that stretch was ridiculous , literally Harden and 4 dudes from the YMCA with a 5 foot something center.

9. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

Tad Brown = BS artist !

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

11. ball king23

ball king23 Member

I see the fireworks a disgruntled PG is fireworks and now he wants to leave not looking good

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Harden better not pull a JPP

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

What an embarrassing management we now have. Morey is the only saving grace.

14. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fertitta being peppered on Media Day about the offseason fireworks.... Luxury Tax Savers are the only ones I like.

FTR...I have a feeling we don't wind up with new players with or without a scooter stick.

#174 Pistol Pete, Jun 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Tad Brown's nose is...a Tad Brown

smp, dobro1229 and J.R. like this.
  16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

What exactly does this guy do again?

17. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Have to balance supply and demand, that just means the team would be competitive, I hope that is the case. Id rather they be competitive and watch from home than be able to go to a game for a discount.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Well it appears as if the Rockets were readying their fireworks but shot them off inside the house.

Os Trigonum likes this.