1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Bloomberg has issued a correction to the story that Mueller had subpoenaed Trump's financial records from Deutsche Bank. Apparently the subpoena was for records related to 'affiliated persons,' or to be more specific, Paul Manafort.

So, Trump's lawyer got it right and virtually the entire mass-media pooped themselves again in front of the entire world with yet another fake news story about President Trump. We are still waiting for the corrections to be issued by other members of the mass-media.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I would rather have Sarah Palin as President than Trump.

CometsWin likes this.
  3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I would have rather had Sarah Palin as President than Obama, so I guess I am feeling you, bro.

cml750 likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I really don't need to say anything here. Your words are enough.

Also, to show how radicalized you are, I would rather have McCain, Paul Ryan, Romney over Palin or Trump.

Who would be a liberal equivalent of Trump? Kayne probably?

I would rather have any of those over Kayne.

5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

If the choice is Pelosi and Trump, sure. Isn't that what I just said? I want other better choice than her to run in 2020 of course.

6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Al Franken, perhaps?

7. pirc1

No Moore.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... then the US would have had two straight administrations that were led by incompetents.

9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Roy Moore as the 2020 presidential nominee for the Democrats? You don't say!

10. pirc1

Since yo put up Franken as a candidate, why not Moore? LOL

11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

We did anyway with Obama, as demonstrated by the devestation that occured to the Democrats in elected office all up and down the ballot, from 2010-2016.

12. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

He would need to change parties to be the nominee fro the Democrats, but if you guys want him, he is yours.

13. pirc1

He have as much chance as Franken of becoming Democrat candidate in 2020, Zero nada.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Weak stuff. History will not look kindly on this presidency, and the diminishing number of people that support it. But here's a free history lesson for you to read through... 1969 to 1974.

15. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

LOL. It would be hard to classify either of them as frontrunners. You guys don't really care about ths morality stuff. Your leaders just want to go after Trump and try to hang on to their edge with women. Franken will be back. Watch and see.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump is attacking the gov't again as a rigged system as it appears he is going to go after Mueller.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

If he does, and I agree he probably will, we're going to find out two things: how strong are America's institutions, and how low are republicans in Congress willing to go?

Trump is like a fitness test for America's government. He will keep breaking rules and pushing boundaries until the system stops him. It's just like his entire career. Cheat, stiff people, lie, swindle, threaten litigation, etc, until you face a hard boundary (e.g. most banks refusing to lend him money, LOL.)

Deckard and No Worries like this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He may get away with it. I doubt a Republican Congress will impeach him. Heck, he may be able to control elections and become our first dictator. He's heading in that direction.

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I wonder when Trump will issue a correction to the on average 6 lies he publicly tells everyday.