1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. Buck Turgidson

He is a real American. Fighting for the rights of every man.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOCK HIM UP

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

6. NewRoxFan

Money. Always follow the money...

mdrowe00, pirc1 and No Worries like this.
  7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Well you can no longer say that Trump is not a subject of the investigation.

And since Mueller knows that going after Trumps finances is the red line that Trump hinted would compel him to try to fire Mueller, you know Mueller would not carelessly subpoena Bank records without pretty good probable cause.

It’s obvious at this point Trump will almost certainly be firing Mueller here pretty soon. We are about to find out just how corrupt and unAmerican the Republican Party really is if they let him do it.

Question for the Trump fans- should the GOP let Trump fire Mueller or does the rule of law not matter to you too?

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This is a red line for Trump. Trump is hiding his business dealings. Trump must be scared that those details will cause him financial and political damage.

Mueller’s days are numbered.

#868 No Worries, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  9. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

IMO there is no way GOP impeach Trump if he fires Mueller, what it could do is give back congress to the Democrats in 2018, we will see what happens after that.

10. dobro1229

It should be noted the panicky half baked tax cut rush makes a lot of sense if Republicans feel like a crisis is coming with Trump and Mueller.

Every reporter on the Hill moving forward should be asking every member of Congress as their first question “what are you going to do when Trump fires Mueller”. The press knows this is coming too and they need to get these guys on record with a legit response laid out because it is coming and Republicans are scared as hell of it and scared as hell of dealing with Trump voters who will drink the poison kook aid for Trump in a heart beat.

11. NewRoxFan

LOL... I guess some Trump supporters are complaining about the costs of Mueller's investigation?

RocketWalta, Nook and pirc1 like this.
  12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Is that counting his lunches? Mueller does love him some Applebees. I'm sure we are paying for his 2 For $20 deal.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I wish I held out much hope, but there is always another talking head "logic" pretzel they can trot out, even if the pretzel is coated with excrement, like the ones supporting the child predator.

You would think Mueller would understand this red line. He's a man with a plan, so if this news from Bloomberg is real, it makes me wonder if he's nearing an end game. As in, "You can't fire me, since I just completed the work. Here's a complimentary copy of my report, Mr. President. "

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Doubt it plays a major part.

Admin would definitely downplay, ignore, "fake news" any Muller report that is negative to Trump and his people. GOP Congress can always ignore Muller report as well. A few months ago, I would give it a 50/50 chance of them doing nah, and move on. Now, 75%.

There is an election to win next year for many members of Congress. Some of them have straight out said their big donors will not give them a dime if they don't act this year. The message is clear to all GOP members from donors. Get it done now. It's also harder to take unpopular votes closer to election date.

15. NewRoxFan

Hmm, is obstruction of justice an impeachable offense? Lets ask Jeff Sessions, Trump's Attorney General...

Sessions argued presidents can obstruct justice in Clinton impeachment trial
    OK, Attorney General Sessions, what should happen to a President that is found guilty of obstruction of justice?

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ed-presidents-can-obstruct-justice-in-clinton

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I hope that's the case. This has all taken on an air of unreality that's somewhere past bizarre. Is this really my country?

17. dobro1229

Yeah I think it has more to do with rushing to get their donors paid back to secure funds back for 2018 campaigns. You are probably right.

I mean the Tax bill is polling at 25% approval right now so its not like the politics of the president will keep them from passing or not passing this dumpster fire of a bill.

18. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Trump could try and use the recent news about the dismissed prosecutor as cause to dismiss Muller but he would need the support of the Assistant AG.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

So 1 rotten apple does make the whole basket rotten

20. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Unless it is the current administration.