1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This is one of the most wrongfully assumed elements of this future debaucle. Keep in mind the day that the Access Hollywood tape came out, Pence went running to the GOP leadership to say “I’m ready”.

There’s a reason why it’s been reported lately that Trump is floating the idea of swapping out VP’s in 2020. I firmly believe Trump is at least smart enough to know that he cannot trust Pence. The only thing that could keep Pence from turning on Trump when he resigned or was removed would be if Trump has blackmailed Pence which actually isn’t all that inconceivable I guess.

Deckard likes this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Sorry for my ignorance. But what happened today specifically.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

If the DoJ believes that it firmly has the goods, they can indict Trump now "under seal", which would stop the statute of limitations clock. After Trump leaves office, the DoJ can "break the seal" and prosecute Trump.

I am not a lawyer. I just play one on CF.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With all due respect to ipaman, I think the chances that Mueller will delay his report until the 2020 primaries to be infinitesimal. He is being methodical, deliberate, and has kept leaks incredibly low in number. He served presidents of both political parties as head of the FBI, has a sterling reputation, is a decorated veteran, a patriot, and incorruptible, in my opinion. He won't play political games with his investigation. The only games he plays are games based on facts that will lead to convictions, and he won't quit until he's looked in every dark corner. Mr. trump and his people should be very afraid, and the rest of us should be very glad that the man holds this position. I certainly have faith in his abilities.

6. No Worries

Methinks Mueller understands the politics of the situation. Mueller will try to produce his report by the end of 2019. Even then, one would expect that the related criminal trials to go through 2020.

If Mueller waits until 2020 to file his report, the Republicans will not have the chance to seriously primary Trump.

7. NewRoxFan

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

9. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Can't believe we got our panties in a wad over $250k of personal payments to keep quiet some
    affairs of Donald Trump. I would imagine hes paid off dozens of women over the years to keep
    quiet about his sexcapades.

No big deal.

10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

It is apparently all they have though, so they are trying to make all they can of it.

11. Nook

Nook Member

When did they recommend 3.5 years? Was that before or after his cooperation? What did the Prosecutor ask for?

If the 3.5 years was recommended AFTER cooperation then the sentence makes perfect sense, because part of the job of the Probation Office is to take everything into account when they make a sentencing recommendation. He was also facing some very serious charges.

12. edwardc

edwardc Member

SMH that's all he got so they didn't do anything about him lying.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He probably has paid dozens of witnesses to keep quiet over the years. Shame he decided to continue that practice while running for public office. Now he has committed multiple felonies.

It's like you think if you keep saying they have nothing or this is no big deal, it will somehow become true. o_O

14. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Please tell us more about what's in the redacted sections of the sentencing documents and the discussions you've had in your office over the last two years, Mr. Mueller.

Harrisment likes this.
  15. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Better yet, why don't you share your fantasies about what information you think these sections contain?

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's safe to say that Cohen getting jail time shows that he didn't really have the goods. If he had any solid evidence that could lead to impeachment, he'd have gotten immunity. I'm guessing basically all he has is his testimony that everyone knows won't stand up due to him being an admitted liar and that's why he couldn't manage to get a better deal.

Either way though, it's probably best to let our friends on the left have their fun fully believing that Lucy is going to actually let them kick the ball this time.

MojoMan likes this.
  17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'll run out of patience before then. The Cohen and Flynn sentencings had better be the prelude for the end-game. If we're still in wait-and-see mode in the spring, I'm going to start calling Mueller names (cuz there really isn't anything else I can do about it ;) ).

18. NewRoxFan

19. No Worries

Comparing Mueller to Watergate and the Bill Clinton investigations, he is sprinting versus a leisurely walk.

20. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've said, every time this is brought up on this forum, that I'm waiting for a final report. Nothing I said to you betrays what I "think" may be in the sentencing documents because I don't pretend to know. If the President committed impeachable crimes against this country, I want him impeached. If he didn't, he deserves vindication.

You are one of the commenters who continues to project your beliefs by saying that Cohen, Flynn and Manafort's felonies are "all they have." You do not know that. You hope that's "all they have," but you do not know it. None of us know anything until the investigation is finished. So stop projecting desire masked as knowledge.