1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Protip: interference does not equal collusion.

No evidence of collusion, as noted in today's report.

I'm glad Trump said today that he will raise Russia's interference with Putin - Russia shouldn't be doing that. But that is different than collusion with Trump's campaign. Very important.

2. dmoneybangbang

Protip. Today's report wasn't about whether or not the Trump campaign colluded or not, there's a separate investigation for that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rashmon, Deckard and DonnyMost like this.
  3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

How many (and how high up) people associated with Trump's campaign and his White House would need to be shown as colluding with Russia for you to feel that Trump is unfit for office? (not saying impeach, just saying turning you away as a supporter)

It is extremely disturbing to me that there are people in various degrees of orbit of our President whom are either compromised or actively working against the interests of our country for their own benefit.

JeffB, Rashmon and B-Bob like this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Fox News host Laura Ingraham on Thursday criticized Republicans on the House Oversight and Government Reform and House Judiciary committees, saying she "wouldn't want to be a Republican on that committee"

Nook, B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So because the Trump campaign officials and GOP Congressman running aren’t named in the indictment that means they don’t exist?

Why can’t the indictment just be what it is on its face? Why does it have to be vindication on your part and in part of your dear king you work for like a good foot soldier who doesn’t ask questions?

The indictment isn’t meant to be a political weapon and that’s the entire point Rosenstein was trying like hell to clearly explain to folks like yourself who aren’t thinking about the country first. We were attacked and the evidence is smack dab in the face.

It happened. You can not deny it. The Trumpers will either be named or not named in the final indictments where these unnamed co conspirators are either charged or not. There’s nothing you can spin that will change fact unless you really think people here are dumb enough to believe alternative facts in an alternative reality.

The circumstantial evidence, the guilty pleas, the transparent obstruction and cover up.... they make Trump and co LOOK guilty as hell, and frankly the cover up and obstruction alone are un-patriotic and at the very least should have consensus condemnation among Americans (unless you aren’t American which would make the most sense). However it doesn’t mean they are guilty. It would just be the most baffling case of a group of people doing everything they can to cover something up and look guilty in their actions. But you have my word I’ll respect the outcome of the final indictments as they are proven to be meticulous and professionally followed through on.

Will you make the same commitment? Will you accept the facts when they come out? Or will you just continue to make up your own reality and live in a world where you can “pwn the libs!”?

Deckard likes this.
  6. dobro1229

If the Lisa Page and Pete Strojk conspiracy theory really are the “bigger than watergate” conspiracies they have been billed to be, why in the world would the house GOP change their mind at the last minute about bringing Page in for a public hearing? Why would you just interview Strojk and not Page? Makes zero sense.

So seems to me like the GOP prop machine is likely going to shut up about this conspiracy and just move onto something else... like holding Rosenstein in contempt and trying to fire him on behalf of their King.

B-Bob likes this.
  7. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I don't know the number... but I'm not a big Trump supporter to begin with. When I was driving to the polls to cast my vote my intention was to write in General Mattis for president. I had friends serve directly under him and he is an amazing leader and an unbelievable tactician. I was pretty much done with Trump after the audio of him talking about grabbing women came out. When I got to my voting location the line was out the door and wasn't moving. Then every once and awhile we would move up one spot. It wasn't moving because people were voting and leaving. The line was moving because all the machines were not working and people were leaving since it was during their lunch break. Finally, they got ONE machine working. By the time it was my turn I was angry. Mostly because some people were leaving and saying f this... I'm not even bothering to come back. I felt like it was just another example of our government sucking and failing. So I voted for the swamp drainer. I have mentioned before on these forums that I tend to vote for gridlock at this point. I felt Trump would be less effective at making crazy changes than Clinton.

I fall in the middle on political issues. I am more right on some issues and more left on others. I support the 2nd Amendment and am fiscally conservative. However, on other social issues I tend to lean more left.

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Hannity should be apologizing any second now ...

9. No Worries

Putin shouldn’t commit acts of war. He really shouldn’t. Bad Putin, bad.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Trump: No, Putin...No. No more meddling ok Putin? ok? Now lets get Ice Cream.

No Worries likes this.
  11. No Worries

Trump: One scoop for you. Two scoops for me.

#3451 No Worries, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Deckard likes this.
  12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don’t think anyone know anymore. We blasted through so many ‘no way that’s acceptable’ walls already.

B-Bob likes this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

For those interested in the timeline and more details...

14. adoo

adoo Member

translation

warlock captured, in Trumpspeak, is

witch hunt​

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

As an aside...

There were so much sureness about the security risk of her private sever.... it turns out ...

16. Buck Turgidson

I'd like to hear more about this, preferably in layman's terms.

17. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Stop right there. This is where you just admitted that you're wrong. You probably aren't smart enough to realize it, though. You have resorted to a "logic leap" based on evidence that you think fits the narrative you want to believe. But sorry, it doesn't support a collusion narrative. It's not sufficient.

Read "Thinking, Fast and Slow" by Daniel Kahneman to educate yourself on how to draw conclusions. You aren't doing a good job on that, today.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Ohhh my, Aug 15, 2016.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I remember the Democrats asking (including in debates) if Trump would accept the results of the election or claim they were rigged in some way. It would be funny if these people weren't actually going insane.

20. dobro1229

Yawn... low energy troll attempt.