1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Road trip] Driving the pacific coast highway

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, May 11, 2017.

1. Sajan

Sajan Member

I want to drive the pacific coast highway but I would like to do it in my car.
    Problem is I don't want to drive to cali and back since driving through texas seems megaboring.

Would it be a dumb idea to ship my car to cali just to drive it? lol

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Turo a different (better) Porsche when you get there. Turo is big in California. You also wont have to worry about the weed smell funking up your upholstery.

3. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

It's a beautiful drive. A few months ago a section of that highway had to be closed due to bridge damage...major detour for travelers. Check the route before you settle on plans.

Sajan likes this.
  4. Sajan

Sajan Member

ah. I forgot about Turo!
    that might be more cost effective.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think that bridge is still closed. OP, please listen to this man and check roads ahead of time.

Look at SR 1 in the following:
    http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/display.php?page=sr1
    (has phone # also)

Sajan likes this.
  6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Texas ain't that boring. I'm making the drive out there next month to Anaheim and then up to Santa Cruz. Wife and kids are with me on the way out and I'm going solo on the way back. We'll head up through Lubbock and stay in Albuquerque a couple days before heading to California. I enjoy going through small towns and living vicariously through the folks there, if even for a few minutes. I find seeing different slices of life to be extremely interesting. So to me, the Texas part of that drive is really fun since a lot of it between here and there is interstate.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

To each his own. Driving near the water and mountains and winding roads is a blast to me. Video game scenery.

Boring Texas landscape and random morning pie and coffee stops with Hank Hill and John Boy with the confederate flag sticker on his truck doesn't move my needle.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, I imagine you got enough of that in college. I dig 'em both. Well, not really the former after a j of some of my sister's medicine and then wonder what will happen when the Big One hits while your driving on a cliff between Davenport and Half Moon Bay. That **** was NOT fun.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Rent a better car and drive it.

10. Sajan

Sajan Member

11. MystikArkitect

12. Sajan

Sajan Member

'14 S