1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RJ Barrett now a hot commodity?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Clutch, May 31, 2019.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Polarizing prospect, for sure. Is he a future star?

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

consensus #2 or #3 pick. he's a very good player but so is Ja morant. It pretty much depends what kind of player youre looking for. a pg or a wing

3. cjvnyc

cjvnyc Member

Barrett is not a wing- he's a ball-dominant Ben Simmons-type point-3 who can shoot. And, yes, he's "hot"- CLE has made no secret they are trying to trade up for him, to build their entire team around.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

hes surely not a pg. hes surely not a big man.

hes a wing player. no hes not ben simmons. just because they're both left handed doesnt make them so

King1 likes this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

Barrett is and has been the second best prospect in this draft and I wouldn’t be shocked if he is the best player in this draft in 5-6 years.

The James Harden comparisons are a little silly. That really isn’t Barrett’s game.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  6. CertifiedTroll

I predict he will be a star. He has such a high motor, and his shoot has decent form. I predict he becomes a much better shooter over time.

rockets13champs and plutoblue11 like this.
  7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I am curious if the Knicks are willing to trade away #3 pick for a James Harden, if the Rockets want to rebuild right away.

The time to trade James Harden is now, his value is at its peak, James Harden is relatively healthy, good knees, Achilles etc. No major injuries thankfully. I want to start over as a Franchise especially when the corrupt referees are still in this decade.

MC31B likes this.
  8. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

Ja morant clearly seems like the number 1 pick - Zion hype is the only reason he may fall to 2

9. Normalus

Normalus Member

Heavily overhyped as well.