1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP Lillard

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'll take Shaq's over Lillard's easily. But then I think Tupac > reading a report to music.

ParaSolid likes this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

can someone summarize for us?

3. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

I'm just gonna put you on block

4. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

1. Dame said he was a better rapper than Shaq.
    2. Shaq released a diss track.
    3. Dame released a diss track.
    4. The NBA is the best sports league in the world.

amaru and Jontro like this.
  5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Dame killed Shaq.

He's trying to hard to sound like Xzibit on his "diss track".

6. TimDuncanDonaut

Stylewise, Shaq is more boombap.
    Dame, more modern with some triplets on his bars.

7. JW86

JW86 Member

Unfortunately Shaq tries to do a bit too much Xzibit and 2pac, but he's got a solid flow, which I didn't expect. I don't know WTF that song by Dame is supposed to be, clearly copying and making a voice ala Lil Wayne. His flow was off too at times. I just don't know why he went that way, since he's got skills, but it definitely didn't come out on this song. Can you imagine him doing that fast 'bigger than us' style in a diss? Shaq wins this one easily, mainly because he just spits more truth. I don't know how anyone can think that this particular track by Dame sounds good or that he had better lines than Shaq.

#27 JW86, Oct 3, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    BallSoHarden likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

this was an easy dub for Shaq

Dame had to resort to ridiculous reaching by saying that Kobe won Shaq his rings. Lol, really Dame? That’s just an ignorant statement, so u take the L based on that alone. Spit facts.

I had never listened to anything from Dame before this because I just can’t take basketball rappers seriously. However, after this, I just might listen to Dame’s album that he dropped over the summer just to see what he’s got.

BallSoHarden, amaru and BigShasta like this.
  9. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

@J.R.

Please... do it for the culture!

10. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

And the continued urbanization of the BBS :eek:

amaru and ghettocheeze like this.
  11. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Dame was good but I liked Shaq’s better. “Why would I wanna be a rapper, rappers want to be Shaq!”

amaru and rockbox like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://uproxx.com/music/shaq-damian-lillard-diss-track-2/

Shaq wastes no time on the new diss track before dismantling Lillard while hyping himself up. “The sun gonna shine forever on my statues and retired jerseys / Imma live forever/ Better now or never / Kill Damian that’s my pleasure / I see you lose every day / Nobody do it better / Yeah right weak-ass bars you ain’t tight / If you spit something make sure you spit it right.”

Following his previous Shaq diss track, “Reign Reign Go Away,” Lillard continued Saturday by dropping a new one, “I Rest My Case.” “I know you only competing for some attention / You was hot then, but today you honorable mention,” he rapped.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

oh sh*t...Dame came with bars

I’ma get the Tommy and do the Diesel like Proctor”

[​IMG]

14. JW86

JW86 Member

Ow Shaq ended it right there, much more lyrical and again spitting facts. If this was a battle live, Shaq would just walk away and drop the mic.

BallSoHarden and amaru like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

just listened to Shaq’s clap back...I’m sorry Dame, just stop...Shaq’s lyrics cut deeper than whatever you’re saying

and I’m still not letting that ridiculous statement talking about how Kobe won Shaq his rings slide...take your L and start preparing for the regular season

BallSoHarden and amaru like this.
  16. amaru

amaru Member

Easy WIN for Shaq even though Dame's flow is better. Dame is just spitting hot bars with no real substance. Shaq was giving everybody verifiable facts:

-Statues/Trophies/MVPS for Shaq? Check

-Dame choking in the playoffs? Multiple checks here

-Kobe winning a title for Shaq? Big negative here, how bad were the Lakers once Shaq left?

-Dame crying for all-star votes? HUGE check here. The one year he made it over George (who I think was an injury replacement later on) was almost exclusively based on Dame doing interviews complaining about lack of recognition...something Shaq never had to do.

-Shaq an "honorable mention"? Big negative here. Shaq is easily a Top 50 player all-time and Top 3-5 at his position. You could argue that Dame may not be top 3 at his position in today's NBA.

Dame needs to just prepare for the season so he doesn't choke again in the playoffs (just like Shaq said lol)

17. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I think Damian won, but what do I know? My favorite rappers are Froggy Fresh and Eli Porter.

BaselineFade likes this.
  18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The problem with this whole battle is that Dame has nothing basketball-wise to keep up with Shaq... championships, mvp's, stats, etc. Doesn't matter. So now Dame's saying none of that matters because it's all in the past and ends it with all the people he knows and talked rap with. Wow. It's like he's got a pretty gun but ran out of bullets. Shaq's still firing. The Big Oaf was still flinging dynamite in this latest track.

BaselineFade, JW86 and amaru like this.
  19. amaru

amaru Member

Add to that Shaq did multiple songs with Biggie. Biggie tops everybody Dame mentioned lol.

20. TimDuncanDonaut

Dame responding to questions on the beef. Starts at 6:20 He classy with it.