1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James Could Form the Superteam to End All Superteams in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Dec 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Wow, that's weird. Anyone know the story behind it?

2. Coach E

Coach E Member

It’s not that hard, we have cp3 bird rights which helps. LeBron can opt in for a trade which helps. And we have Ariza coming off the books I believe.

Pay cuts will be part of it, going over the luxury tax will be part of it, but it’s not unimaginable or extremely difficult.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Behind what? The taunting?? LeBron called for a trap at the end of the first half, and it led to 2 TOs by Harden. LeBron thought it was funny, and gave him a "U mad bro?" laugh.

hongxingli, amaru, vlaurelio and 2 others like this.
  4. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

We have virtually everybody in bird rights or non-bird rights. Anderson to 3rd team, EGo or Tucker to Cavs gets it done.

5. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Lebron acts like a kid most of the time specially off court. He acts like he is all mature and stuff but then he says the dumbest things at the same time. He says what he is supposed to say instead of what he really means. So that he seems mature and pleases everyone and his image looks good too. You could see that in the Uber interview they had with him and KD. Also KD is worst he is like in his late 20s right? And he asked Lebron some stupid stuff.
    You could see in the ASG, Lebron wanted that mvp award and only way was to win the game. They were down by 10 or so and they played for reals while Curry’s teams was chilling out the whole game. It was close the last minute. Lebron n KD defende those last possesions. Also the bench was calling for a time out but they “ the refs” didn’t want to risk Lebron a team losing.
    Team LeBron was coached by Lebron he was calling everything. If mike had been serious he would have come up w something better.
    I forgot where I heard it, i think it was Kobe. He said that coach Pop would ask players to come with a play but Kobe saw it was a tricky move by pop to see what kind of play they run on their team.

I’m okay with D’Antoni not giving anything away. Harden couldn’t careless too. If they wanted to win they would have placed Klay, Lillard instead of Harden and Curry and maybe Al Horford too.

Jontro and Stormy1234 like this.
  6. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

We have CP3, Arizas, and Clint’s bird rights

7. Coach E

Coach E Member

I think Ariza at vet min next season, it’s best for the team

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

but not best for him...Ariza isn’t doing that

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I agree that Ariza is prob not taking the vet min but he’s also going to be 33 -34 years old next season and entering his 15th year.

Point being, nobody is offering Ariza a huge contract I don’t even think he gets what he’s making now which is around 7m a year.

Lou will who’s younger and better just signed for basically 2/16 guarantee with the 3rd year at 8m non guaranteed.

I bet Ariza will have to settle in with something like 3/12 maybe 15 if he’s lucky but I don’t even think he gets that much.

10. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Just messing around looking at teams with non-guaranteed’s next year. Random trade idea to get players that would relieve Cleveland’s tax hell next year.

Rockets trade Gordon & Onuaku to Pacers for:
    - Al Jefferson (NGT $10m)
    - lance Stephenson (NGT $5m)
    - 2019 1st rounder

Rockets trade Ryno + Pacer 2019 1st to Sun for:
    - Tyson Chandler
    - Alan Williams (NGT $5.5m)

Rockets trade Jefferson + Stephenson + Williams (NGT $20.5m) + PJ Tucker + Rockets 2019 & 2021 1st for
    - LBJ

Rockets have to give up Ego, Ryno, Tucker & 2 1st’s
    Cavs get options to clear $20m in contracts, tucker and 2 1st’s
    Pacers upgrade to Ego
    Suns get pacers 1st to take Ryno
    Rockets get Lebron and Tyson to back up Capela

I don’t know how some of these players are valued by their respective teams. Just looking at the NGT’s to make a trade more feasible for Cleveland.

11. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

12. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

He will get way more than a vet minimum but it’s ok because we can go over the tax to sign him since we have his rights. Ariza might be looking at a 3 year $24-$30 mill.

13. BigO

BigO Member

You're definition of those fools who like to twist everything, 1st ALL star game is boring when no one gives a ****, then its too many ****s given by Lebron, too much defense LOL. Make your ****ing mind people. Can't have both, players chilling and players playing hard at same time, you also sounded like Lebron is 1st player to want ALL star MVP, haters gonna hate.

hashmander likes this.
  14. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

so you believe a 33 year old could possibly sign a new deal that's more than he's ever made annually?

15. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

2 in the morning man....should be sleeping

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  16. Coach E

Coach E Member

No he won’t, he’s an average NBA player who’s getting old and coming off a pretty serious injury.
    His biggest asset is that he is a vet, and a good guy.

Who is going to want him? His market will be small, and therefor his price small. He I’ll opt for vet min to stay with the rockets.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

No-Trade Clause Could Be Sticking Point Between LeBron James, Cavs

Howard Beck: WHERE WILL LEBRON GO? THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

[...]

There's a subtext to this subtext: James has lost to the Golden State Warriors twice in the last three Finals, and the Warriors—armed with two MVPs and two other All-Stars—aren't disbanding anytime soon.

What if they can't be beaten?

"I think he knows that ship has sailed, from a Warriors perspective," the second exec said.

If the ring count becomes secondary, it would free James to prioritize other goals, such as preparing for his post-NBA career—or playing with best buddies Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul and Dwyane Wade, aka the Banana Boat crew.

"I really hope that, before our career is over, we can all play together," James told B/R two years ago. "At least one, maybe one or two seasons—me, Melo, D-Wade, CP—we can get a year in. I would actually take a pay cut to do that."

Worth noting: All four can become free agents this summer.

Also worth noting: Paul is happily co-starring with James Harden in Houston, on a Rockets team that many view as the most legitimate threat to the Warriors.

If James still wants to contend, and play with at least one Banana Boater, he could make his way to Houston. It would require some salary-cap contortions, but Rockets general manager Daryl Morey is as creative and aggressive as they come. He's chased the King before. And the sense is, the King will listen.

"Absolutely Houston," said the first exec, "and San Antonio—even with crazy cap situations."

If it's a superteam James wants, the Spurs can offer a partnership with Kawhi Leonard and LaMarcus Aldridge—and a coach he idolizes.

"It would be pretty amazing to be able to actually play for the greatest NBA coach of all time," James told USA Today in 2016, referring to Gregg Popovich.

To be clear, James was alluding to the 2020 Olympics, and Popovich's role with Team USA. But that adoration is hard to dismiss in an NBA context. In fact, James repeated the "greatest coach of all time" remark last year, just before a regular-season game against the Spurs.

[...]

Across the league, it's virtually an article of faith that if James leaves the Cavs again, it will be primarily because of the fractured relationship with Gilbert. "LeBron wants to be in charge of everything, which is what puts him at odds with Dan," one source said. "Dan wants to be in charge of everything."

The belief is that Gilbert, having reasserted control after chasing out Griffin, will rebuff James' request for a no-trade clause, or any other measures that give him leverage. And that will be enough to drive James away.

"Dan Gilbert's not going to do what it takes to keep him," the same source predicted. "Not a chance in hell he's going to give him a no-trade clause, or let him dictate contract terms."

[...]

If you ask various sources around the league to rank LeBron's greatest priorities this summer, you'll get a variety of answers: Contending matters. Teammates matter. Organizational stability matters. So does playing for a coach he respects. An owner that he trusts. More than one team executive said James would want control and influence over how the team is run—or, at a minimum, to be consulted on major moves. One source insisted that James' top priority would be "setting up his post-playing career, and his family where they want to be"—meaning Los Angeles.

But others cautioned against that thinking. It's true that James has extensive business interests, and a home, in L.A. (So do business partners Paul and Carter.) He's been steering those businesses from afar for years. He doesn't actually need to live in L.A. to run them.​

#577 J.R., Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    Deuce, JoeBarelyCares, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

he wont be getting vet min, thats for sure. serious injury? well thats false. a hamstring strain is no where near pretty serious. he may be older but he does two things very well that people are getting paid a good amount of $ for in this era. He plays defense and knocks down 3s at a solid clip.

A guy thats played 99% of all his games as a rocket in the last 3 and half years, expecting him to opt for vet min is just plain insulting

#578 YOLO, Feb 22, 2018
  19. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

He said he wanted the mvp that’s not news. I said he sounds like a kid because of what he said in the interview. He tries to please everyone instead of being real and authentic. Kinda like Kobe was his first years. And yea lebron team wanted it more specially because lebron Westbrook and Kd always play hard. Curry, harden were uninterested and couldn’t careless.

I said this also because of the way he tried to tease harden at halftime. And then Team LeBron all focus on defense at the end. While team curry didn’t, harden didn’t even care. Which is what people complain about Harden. But I honestly don’t care if he play well here or not because I just want him to play his way on the playoffs. Also skip said this shows Lebron is better and someone posted a clip of lebron mocking Harden before halftime.

And go call your mom that if you want. I didn’t insult you to be calling me any names. If lebron is your daddy and you got butt hurt by the truth then go and keep on crying. People like you are bettter ingnored. I just wanted to make clear what i was saying.

I don’t care one bit about lebron never have. Barely have time to follow our team I mean the Rockets coz it seems you’re a Lebron Only Fan. Just want the rockets to go far and win a chip. Anything else is irrelevant specially if it’s another player form another team.
    P.s. you’re irrelevant too. Ciao :p

20. ballscientist1

This is a great news for Rockets

Step 1: Salary dump trade on June Draft Day (Dump Anderson/Gordon for nothing)

Team salary = 48 million (cap space 53 million)

Step 2: renounce the rights for all free agents.

Step 3: Give LeBron non-trade course supermax

Step 4: 20 Million pay cut negotiation with Capela. (starting salary at 12 million)

Step 5: 40 Million pay cut negotiation with Paul. (starting salary at 28 million)

48+36+12+28 = 124 million

Ariza and LMM = 13 million (pay cut negotiation)

Reserve for Vet Min and Min = 6 million (4.5 million taxable)

Luxury tax = 57 million

Total all = 200 million

#580 ballscientist1, Feb 22, 2018